Potential 2019-20 roster additions

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrantDuck
Senior

Re: Potential 2019-20 roster additions

Post by GrantDuck »

Thought we'd have great luck with Canadian players after Brooks/Boucher, but it really has not been the case. :|

Sounds like things with Dante might be improving.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

northbeachsf wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote:
northbeachsf wrote:Patterson and Dante are not coming.
Praying we get Juiston, but I think that is a long shot too.
Apparently Dante is looking good.
Kentucky board claiming he is theirs to lose. I wonder who is correct. I guess we will find out.
That would be a HUGE get.

Kentucky insiders doesn't think he's theirs to lose. In fact he thinks UO leads.

https://www.nationofblue.com/recruiting ... aly-dante/
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Juiston is a Duck!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Next season is shaping up nicely.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Phenom wrote:Juiston is a Duck!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Whew. Was really beginning to wonder if he was leaning towards Seton Hall. He should be a big help in the post, both scoring and rebounding.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Merganzer wrote:
Phenom wrote:Juiston is a Duck!
For my money the most important pickup of the off season. He's the defensive presence this team was lacking when Wooten left and an absolute monster on the glass. This team looks a lot more competitive now.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Current roster:
SR: Payton Pritchard, Anthony Mathis (grad transfer), Eugene Omoruyi (sit-one transfer), Shakur Juiston (grad transfer)
JR: Chris Duarte, Eric Williams (sit-one transfer)
SO: Will Richardson, Francis Okoro
FR: CJ Walker, Chandler Lawson, Lok Wur

Updated target list:
2019 recruits: Niven Glover
Reclassifying 2020 recruits: N'Faly Dante, Addison Patterson
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Keep the joy ride going!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

It's funny to see the prevailing commentary on the Ducks shift from 'exodus' and 'crisis' to 'interesting offseason'. Just thinking about the end of May when things were so bad after Wooten and King entered the draft and Norris and Bailey announced their transfer, and there were only six scholarship players for 2019. The low point was when Khalid Thomas from West Linn High School picked the Sun Devils, reportedly citing the roster issues at Oregon and the 'better situation' at ASU. When players from Oregon don't pick Oregon despite knowing they are guaranteed significant playing time, that borders on an existential crisis.

Having added Juiston, finally Oregon fans can breathe a sigh of relief and settle in to picking little weaknesses in the roster (back up point guard?) rather than despairing that an injury or two might force the ducks to play walk-ons. Nine players is a healthy rotation, and Coach Altman has taken teams with less talent to the Big Dance. One imagines a difficult time during the non-conference schedule as they figure out the system and each other, and then coming together just in the nick of time to do some damage in the tournament as an underrated double-digit seed. Or maybe all of these scorers will just come out and overwhelm teams right out of the gate. Looking forward to watching it all unfold.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon really still has no post depth outside Juiston and Okoro. Lawson, Walker, and Wur will get time at PF but they're built in the mold of stretch 4s/tall 3s than strong, interior minded posts. I think you'll see a lot of 3-guard lineups due to this.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon really still has no post depth outside Juiston and Okoro. Lawson, Walker, and Wur will get time at PF but they're built in the mold of stretch 4s/tall 3s than strong, interior minded posts. I think you'll see a lot of 3-guard lineups due to this.
When that happens, you need your big men to play really big (Villanova at the college ranks, GSW with Draymond in the NBA). It's not the balance I'd want, but teams have shown it to be possible to still win. Okoro is just going to need to be a beast, but I actually think he's capable of doing just that.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon really still has no post depth outside Juiston and Okoro. Lawson, Walker, and Wur will get time at PF but they're built in the mold of stretch 4s/tall 3s than strong, interior minded posts. I think you'll see a lot of 3-guard lineups due to this.
On the bright side, this may be the reason Dante is taking such a hard look at the Ducks.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Current roster:
SR: Payton Pritchard, Anthony Mathis (grad transfer), Eugene Omoruyi (sit-one transfer), Shakur Juiston (grad transfer)
JR: Chris Duarte, Eric Williams (sit-one transfer)
SO: Will Richardson, Francis Okoro
FR: CJ Walker, Chandler Lawson, Lok Wur

Updated target list:
2019 recruits: Niven Glover
Reclassifying 2020 recruits: N'Faly Dante, Addison Patterson
If we got Dante and Patterson, this team would win the Pac-12. We'll see though..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Update on Dante. Sounds like he is pushing hard to reclassify. Not that it matters much for us, since most people are saying he is all UK.
https://soft7sports.com/2019/07/12/huge ... ssion=true