Potential 2019-20 roster additions

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Potential 2019-20 roster additions

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like Oregon is checking out several transfer options to fill out the roster. They'll be getting one of Stephen F. Austin forward TJ Holyfield's five official visits, have made the top 7 for South Dakota State guard David Jenkins Jr., and have reportedly talked to Arkansas-Little Rock guard Rayjon Tucker.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Re: Potential transfer targets

Post by northbeachsf »

There are some great transfer options.
Jordan Brown at Nevada just entered the portal (along with pretty much the entire team). I know we are part of his final group and he was seriously considering Oregon. I wonder if we will try and get involved there too.

Jazz Johnson from Nevada is a pretty good shooter.

We probably need 3 more, so nice to have some options.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Ya stacked year for transfers. If Oregon plays their cards right, they could strike gold here.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Wait.... Can all transfers play right away? Is it just the grad transfers that can play right away?
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

bigsugarduck wrote:Wait.... Can all transfers play right away? Is it just the grad transfers that can play right away?
Only grad transfers and players who receive hardship waivers can play right away. Of the transfers mentioned, Brown and Jenkins would have to sit out because they're non-grad transfers w/o any known hardship case.
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by RebelDuck »

I hope there is a quality grad transfer Center the Ducks like. We need one.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Latest target is Duquesne G Eric Williams Jr, who'll be visiting this weekend. He only recently completed his SO year so will have to sit out next season wherever he goes.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Really like Eric Williams. 6-6, shoots the ball really well and rebounds better than guys bigger than him.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Hope we can pick up a graduate transfer before Anthony makes his decision. It would really help our cause.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

I just on ESPN that Kerry Blackshear Jr, a Center from Virginia Tech, has entered the transfer portal. I didn't catch it all, but I did see that he's averaging 14.9 PPG.

Also, I saw yesterday that 2 brothers from Marquette are also transferring, but I don't recall their names. I think they were averaging around 24 PPG combined.
John 3:36
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Blackshear is a beast, but I think he'll move on with Buzz. The Marquette kids are overrated.

A lot of talk about bigs, but what we need most is outside shooting/wing players.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

There has been talk about eliminating the transfer and sit out one year rule, but in the interim it seems like the NCAA has been approving every hardship request in football. DJ Johnson didn't get one last year despite coming much closer to home, but this year guys like Justin Fields and Tate Martell got instant eligibility. It will be interesting to see if basketball follows suit, it would be borderline madness and free agency.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

GoDucksTroll wrote:There has been talk about eliminating the transfer and sit out one year rule, but in the interim it seems like the NCAA has been approving every hardship request in football. DJ Johnson didn't get one last year despite coming much closer to home, but this year guys like Justin Fields and Tate Martell got instant eligibility. It will be interesting to see if basketball follows suit, it would be borderline madness and free agency.
This isn't a response to you, but rather your comment brought it back to front-of-mind.

People are funny. People have complained that the NCAA too often plays 'bad cop' and puts undue burdens on student-athletes, such as in the area of transferring. Now that they've relaxed their rules, people are moaning and groaning about the ability for athletes to jump ship for any reason without penalty. It definitely brings to light how the NCAA is in a no-win situation and people will complain no matter what, because that's what people do.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

David Jenkins scoring would be very helpful.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13