Potential 2019-20 roster additions

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Potential transfer targets

Post by greenyellow »

mattc94 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Based on the comment section of Prehm's latest basketball insider stuff, it looks like Oregon is zeroing in on Kansas grad transfer G KJ Lawson (brother of incoming Duck commit Chandler Lawson), Oakland grad transfer G Jaevin Cumberland, and potential New Mexico grad transfer G Anthony Mathis (who played with Pritchard at West Linn HS for a couple seasons.) They're also trying to get 2020 recruits C N'Faly Dante and G Addison Patterson to reclassify.
Thanks for the inside juice. From what I can gather they are really going hard after Dante but Izzo is after him too. Don't know if we will be able to pull him away Michigan State. But you never know.
Not really insider stuff since I got it all from the comments that were available without a paid subscription.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Thanks GreenYellow.

I'm still smarting from the Norris decision to transfer, but hopefully we can get 2-3 high quality guys.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... lis-181700

Boogie Ellis, 4 star point guard out of San Diego, got a release from Duke and is now back on the market. He visited us in October and might be a good pairing with Payton if we can get him on board. Dana really needs all the bodies he can get at this point.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

mattc94 wrote:https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... lis-181700

Boogie Ellis, 4 star point guard out of San Diego, got a release from Duke and is now back on the market. He visited us in October and might be a good pairing with Payton if we can get him on board. Dana really needs all the bodies he can get at this point.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Unfortunately, Ellis is saying he wants to "run the show"...I guess PP could play the 2, but not sure how Ellis would see it with Will and PP back.

I do like CJ and Duarte a lot. Not a huge fan of Lawson(kinda slow and does stupid AAU stuff).

Still holding out hope for some others though.
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

I would absolutely let Ellis "run the show."
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Thurston wrote:I would absolutely let Ellis "run the show."
I would think that PP would be fine with that, too.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

New target for Oregon is Iowa grad transfer G Isaiah Moss. Also, with Memphis getting grad transfer Rayjon Tucker from Arkansas-Little Rock and 4* SG Lester Quinones this weekend and them only having two spots open for a combo of Precious Achiuwa, RJ Hampton, Trendon Watford, and Boogie Ellis, Oregon could be in a better position for Ellis.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

So much for Ellis coming to Eugene. Really looking like Oregon is going to be counting on getting 2020 recruits N'Faly Dante and Addison Patterson to reclassify to 2019. It'll also be interesting to see what happens with grad transfer Jaevin Cumberland now that John Beilein has left Michigan for the Cleveland Cavaliers.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Mathis is returning to NM
Cumberland is thought to be a Cinci lean now
247 says Jenkins is a stone-cold lock to commit to the Ducks. So based on experience, there is a 100% chance he picks UNLV.

Oregon is short 5 scholarship players right now and a lot of things not going our way. Yikes!

How hard is i to find a Jason Calliste type player with what seems like a thousand kids in the transfer portal??? Pretty tough I guess?
Last edited by northbeachsf on Wed May 15, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I'm surprised we don't do more overseas recruiting/development. Gonzaga has been so great at that as has our women's team.
DrBradBuss
Junior
GM: Detroit Pistons GM

Post by DrBradBuss »

Women's basketball recruiting is killing it.
Football recruiting is killing it.
Arguably we've had better men's basketball results overall during the last 5 years than either of those two sports.
What is going on?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

So much for Iowa G Isaiah Moss as he committed to Arkansas yesterday. The pickings are getting slimmer for grad transfers. Seems the only guys Oregon can attract right now are sit-one transfers (Duquesne G Williams and likely SDSU G David Jenkins) who wouldn't help the depth chart until 2020-2021.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

I think Jenkins is all UNLV, but we will see today or tomorrow.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

northbeachsf wrote:I think Jenkins is all UNLV, but we will see today or tomorrow.
If we can't even attract the one year transfers that this team used to be built upon then I am worrying about Altman's rep among recruits. We made the Sweet Sixteen by the skin of our teeth and our offense wasn't so hot... but we shouldn't be losing out this much.