Ducks make cut for 2019 reclassifier Juzang

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Ducks make cut for 2019 reclassifier Juzang

Post by greenyellow »

With several roster spots still open, Oregon is continuing to look for new additions. One key person they're after is 2020-turned-2019 recruit Johnny Juzang, a 5* SF out of CA. He's narrowed his choices down to Kansas, Oregon, Virginia, and Kentucky.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Ducks make cut for 2019 reclassifier Juzang

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Kinda surprised we did. Sounds like a pretty heavy Kentucky lean.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Anthony went to UNC, Stanley to Duke, now Juzang is probably going to end up at Kentucky. If it continues Oregon will turn in to the Buffalo Bills of recruiting, but for now, being in a recruits Final Four is still a positive, right?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Merganzer wrote:Anthony went to UNC, Stanley to Duke, now Juzang is probably going to end up at Kentucky. If it continues Oregon will turn in to the Buffalo Bills of recruiting, but for now, being in a recruits Final Four is still a positive, right?
Sure hope not as they really need some bodies for next season. They're currently at 7 with Duquesne transfer Williams likely having to sit out.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

greenyellow wrote:
Merganzer wrote:Anthony went to UNC, Stanley to Duke, now Juzang is probably going to end up at Kentucky. If it continues Oregon will turn in to the Buffalo Bills of recruiting, but for now, being in a recruits Final Four is still a positive, right?
Sure hope not as they really need some bodies for next season. They're currently at 7 with Duquesne transfer Williams likely having to sit out.
Just to clarify. I wasn't saying that losing out on player after player to bluebloods is the strategy I would advocate. Filling out the roster, with the best players possible is the goal. Just saying as a Big Picture, Oregon being in the final 4 for top players is a positive for the program.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Merganzer wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Just to clarify. I wasn't saying that losing out on player after player to bluebloods is the strategy I would advocate. Filling out the roster, with the best players possible is the goal. Just saying as a Big Picture, Oregon being in the final 4 for top players is a positive for the program.
I don't mind losing out to these blue bloods because at least we are being considered. But was does piss me off is that they don't even NEED these guys. Duke and Kentucky next year are absolutely loaded but they are going after Stanley and Juzang. The only reason they are doing that is to keep the premium talent away from the competition. That's exactly what blue blood football programs used to do in old days before scholarship limits. Now with so many one year players and transfers, a coach can have starting calibrer players on his bench and literally reload every season. Altman doesn't have the pull that some of these guys do. So it hurts his chances more. Which I think is a bunch of crap.
Last edited by mattc94 on Wed May 01, 2019 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

mattc94 wrote:
Merganzer wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
I don't mind losing out to these blue bloods because at least we are being considered. But was does piss me off is that they don't even NEED these guys. Duke and Kentucky next year are absolutely loaded but they are going after Stanley and Juzang. The only reason they are doing that is to keep the premium talent away from the competition. That's exactly what blue blood football programs used to do in old days before scholarship limits. Now with so many one year players and transfers, a coach can have starting calibrer players on his bench and literally reload every season. Altman doesn't have to pull that some of these guys do. So it hurts his chances more. Which I think is a bunch of crap.
I am with you on the frustration, it also is the case that Coach K, in the last few years went the 1 & done route, and now routinely has the top 3 players every season. It isn't only the coaches doing it, but the players. A 1 & done has no real interest in the school other than as an intro to the NBA, and the bright lights of Duke, Kentucky, UNC blot out Oregon as they scan their options.