Miles Norris enters transfer pool

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Miles Norris enters transfer pool

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Lame!!! He can still come back, but we'll see. I hope he does.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
nogerO
Senior

Re: Miles Norris enters transfer pool

Post by nogerO »

Maybe he misses mommy?
Last edited by nogerO on Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

nogerO wrote:Maybe his family really needs the money?
Too broke to afford patience.

Whatever. It is what it is in the age of billion dollar tv contracts and million dollar collegiate coaches. Everyone has their own reasons and he's allowed to have his own.
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

That's... interesting. His playing time went up as the season went along (the opposite of Bailey's) and he seems like a natural replacement for Paul White in the starting lineup. I don't foresee any sort of minutes crunch for him next year.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Hope he comes back.

Altman even agreed to play him this year at his request after they were going to redshirt him. Would be super lame of him to transfer after that and considering he's going to get increased minutes.

The transfer portal seems to be some sort of f'd up millennial bait. Whatever happened to working hard and improving to earn more playing time? The hell are parents teaching their kids?
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I'm sorry to lose Norris, but I have no problem with a player be allowed to transfer wherever it helps him in his personal growth. It's a scholarship, not indentured servitude. If they aren't being paid, they should be able to play unpaid wherever they want.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

So much for the 2019 class helping out long-term, as only Richardson and Okoro remain. Sounds like Norris is potentially getting some bad advice from those around him because he was in line to play major minutes due to them having little experience behind him and he was their only returning player over 6'10". You could see the flashes of talent from him in spurts and thought he'd turn into a Paul White-type player.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Odd. He was going to be a key cog in the gears this year. It’d been good for O and Norris if he stayed.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

GrantDuck wrote:Hope he comes back.

Altman even agreed to play him this year at his request after they were going to redshirt him. Would be super lame of him to transfer after that and considering he's going to get increased minutes.

The transfer portal seems to be some sort of
f'd up millennial bait
. Whatever happened to working hard and improving to earn more playing time? The hell are parents teaching their kids?
For sure blame it on the Millennial haha
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

UofDuck wrote:Odd. He was going to be a key cog in the gears this year. It’d been good for O and Norris if he stayed.
Yes, it may not be a Millennial thing; it seems more like a kid who just wants to do something. Like UofDuck mentions here, and in every other post, the situation he has/had at Oregon next season loos good for him. It could be that a better situation for him exists...but maybe he will end up coming back.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

I am bummed to see him go because I think he is the perfect player for Altman's system. That being said, I think the writing was on the wall for some time with this decision. I honestly think he knew he was going to transfer out after this season back in November. The first clue was that he and his family asked to remove his redshirt prior to Bol's injury to log less than 5 minutes a game. His end of the season tweet was pretty telling as well. He's not coming back.

We have 7 scholarship players right now that can play next season? YIKES!
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

His mother is a former Duck player. They seemed extremely patient at first and seemed to go along with him taking a redshirt early in the year. This is one I would love to hear the real story behind but I doubt we will.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Upon further research, his mother transferred to Cal after playing 3 years at Oregon and she was at the December meeting with Altman about playing this year. Maybe the initial decision to have him redshirt was not agreed upon and they harbored resentment?
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I agree with the sentiment that kids should be ABLE to transfer whenever they want, and I think they should reduce the sit out time from 1 year to 1/2 a season.

At the same time, I think the kids should show more fortitude in sticking it out when things don't go their way right away. Kigab and Norris in particular hit me as real spoiled WAHhhhhhh! I'm not playing right away BS. We didn't see this before the last 10 years or so with kids being so entitled.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Phalanx wrote:I'm sorry to lose Norris, but I have no problem with a player be allowed to transfer wherever it helps him in his personal growth. It's a scholarship, not indentured servitude. If they aren't being paid, they should be able to play unpaid wherever they want.
I'm not disagreeing on whether they should be allowed to transfer, but quit saying they aren't paid. It's not even close to actuality, the combined tuition/books/rent/food/spending they get is far more than most college graduates will get to start. Anyone is allowed to leave a job for another company, so as I said I'm not saying they shouldn't be able to transfer.