QUACK! 2020 WBB PG Te-Hina PaoPao commits

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

QUACK! 2020 WBB PG Te-Hina PaoPao commits

Post by greenyellow »

Sounds like Oregon could be getting another commit for the 2020 class, this time from 2020 PG Te-Hina PaoPao. Her only official visit has been Oregon and she's said she wouldn't be taking any other in the near future so the Ducks are basically a lock.
Duck07
All-American

Re: Potential 2020 WBB commit today?

Post by Duck07 »

:shock:
"Even to this day, when I go back, that's the only kid I would let work out with me, because she can hang with the intensity," Plum said. "She pushes me because I'm like, 'I can't let a 12-year-old beat me in this shooting drill.'"

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/articl ... ountry-day
Sounds like she's "only" the 14th rated player because of knee injury.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: Potential 2020 WBB commit today?

Post by bigsugarduck »

Duck07 wrote::shock:
"Even to this day, when I go back, that's the only kid I would let work out with me, because she can hang with the intensity," Plum said. "She pushes me because I'm like, 'I can't let a 12-year-old beat me in this shooting drill.'"

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/articl ... ountry-day
Sounds like she's "only" the 14th rated player because of knee injury.
Fingers crossed! I wanna see the women's program keep the momentum....I really like the coaches, the whole program is easy top root for....

Wonder if this would hinder a Caitlin Clark from committing though?...who else is Oregon recruiting heavily in 2020?
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
greenyellow

Re: QUACK! 2020 WBB PG Te-Hina Paopao commits

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon has their 3rd 2020 commit in PG Te-Hina PaoPao. Don't let her ESPN ranking fool you as she'd likely be higher had she not been injured last season. Edit: The context of PaoPao's picture with Joe Salave'a is that they're cousins.
Greenblood
Senior

Re: QUACK! 2020 WBB PG Te-Hina PaoPao commits

Post by Greenblood »

Looks like Graves' domestic recruiting is just fine again.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Based on results alone, it appears Graves has a knack for finding the best players for HIS system, period, and goes wherever he needs ot acquire them.

This program is at a quality level few ever get the pleasure to experience.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

We are all very lucky to have seen this program blossom into true greatness. Next year we win it all. Write it down. Several of these recruits will see a large amount of PT next year and depth will not be an issue at all.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

nogerO wrote:We are all very lucky to have seen this program blossom into true greatness. Next year we win it all. Write it down. Several of these recruits will see a large amount of PT next year and depth will not be an issue at all.
None of these recruits play next year....it will be Jaz Shelly, Lucy Cochrane, and Holly Winterburn (+ Nyara Sabally) joining the team. All are good looking Foreign players. Everyone says Nyara is special too.

Buy I'm with you, next year they make it to the finals and could win....and two Elite 8's, a FF and then the finals....
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

I'm reading about PaoPaos ACL already being torn twice.... :? Does anyone know when these occurred? She wears a knee brace now....what are the chances it happens a 3rd time.....Does a third time pretty much end careers? I have no idea....just curious if anyone knows...
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

bigsugarduck wrote:I'm reading about PaoPaos ACL already being torn twice.... :? Does anyone know when these occurred? She wears a knee brace now....what are the chances it happens a 3rd time.....Does a third time pretty much end careers? I have no idea....just curious if anyone knows...
She tore her left one in during her 2016-17 FR season (but ended up returning 4.5 months later to play in their playoff games) and then tore her right one before her 2017-18 SO season, which caused her to miss the season entirely. She was healthy for her entire JR season. Not sure about the recovery prospects of a 3rd torn ACL but I suspect it wouldn't be a good thing.