Any news on Pritchard

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

northbeachsf
Freshman

Any news on Pritchard

Post by northbeachsf »

Today is the last day to withdraw, correct?
RanDux
Senior

Re: Any news on Pritchard

Post by RanDux »

Correct. Still has not withdrawn.
DuckNV
One Star Recruit

Post by DuckNV »

Not sure how much credit to give to this, but Khalid Thomas stated that "only Pritchard is returning" when describing the situation at Oregon. Don't know if that was a slip of the tongue or just an assumption on Thomas' part.
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

Pritchard is coming back.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

With how little roster depth they have, he may have to play even more minutes than he did last year, which seems nearly impossible given he already played the most minutes of any D1 player and looked really gassed by the end of the season.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

greenyellow wrote:With how little roster depth they have, he may have to play even more minutes than he did last year, which seems nearly impossible given he already played the most minutes of any D1 player and looked really gassed by the end of the season.
The softball team got through with a bare bones roster. But there everything is based around pitching and the other players aren't as taxed. You really need about 8-9 players to play 40 minutes of high pressure basketball at Div 1 level. I just don't know if that's possible given the current roster. If we are filling it up with stiffs for scrimmages that just lowers the talent level.
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

I've honestly stopped worrying about it. I won't argue with anyone who says it looks bleak right now -- it does. But I also assume we'll be pretty good by the time late February rolls around. We're going to add 3-4 guys between now and the end of summer, Okoro is going to develop into a consistent double-double guy, Pritchard and Walker will lead the team in scoring and Richardson and Duarte will be good secondary options. We'll look different than we have the last several years but Altman will make it work.

I can provide zero evidence for any of the things I just said, yet I'm oddly confident despite the typical offseason chaos.
Juice
Four Star Recruit

Post by Juice »

Thurston wrote:I've honestly stopped worrying about it. I won't argue with anyone who says it looks bleak right now -- it does. But I also assume we'll be pretty good by the time late February rolls around. We're going to add 3-4 guys between now and the end of summer, Okoro is going to develop into a consistent double-double guy, Pritchard and Walker will lead the team in scoring and Richardson and Duarte will be good secondary options. We'll look different than we have the last several years but Altman will make it work.

I can provide zero evidence for any of the things I just said, yet I'm oddly confident despite the typical offseason chaos.
Man.. he is something else though. I'm kinda with you, I just believe that if anyone can make a tournament team piecing guys together its Dana. The guy can just flat out coach, and is an absolute grinder who almost always finds a way.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Thurston wrote:I've honestly stopped worrying about it. I won't argue with anyone who says it looks bleak right now -- it does. But I also assume we'll be pretty good by the time late February rolls around. We're going to add 3-4 guys between now and the end of summer, Okoro is going to develop into a consistent double-double guy, Pritchard and Walker will lead the team in scoring and Richardson and Duarte will be good secondary options. We'll look different than we have the last several years but Altman will make it work.

You and Juice +1...Altman will find some crazy way to be relevant. Great coach. But the cupboard is bare moving forward, and plenty of worries. Crazy to think they are having recruiting issues. Losing the WL dude to the Red Face? Especially when he would most likely start? How did Dana lose that weak battle?
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Everythingsducky wrote:

You and Juice +1...Altman will find some crazy way to be relevant. Great coach. But the cupboard is bare moving forward, and plenty of worries. Crazy to think they are having recruiting issues. Losing the WL dude to the Red Face? Especially when he would most likely start? How did Dana lose that weak battle?
Has to deal with kids...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine