Bol Bol

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Bol Bol

Post by greenyellow »

Rumors are saying the Celtics will be taking him with either pick #20 or #22.
greenyellow

Re: Bol Bol

Post by greenyellow »

Celtics have since traded down to #24 and then traded that pick to Phoenix. Blazers have a shot at him at #25 but it seems they're looking more for a wing than anything else.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

You just have to wonder what him and Wooten would have done had they known what they will tonight. Guessing teams have major concerns over Bol's health.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

It's approaching pick 40 and Bol, King, and Wooten are all still on the board. Feel bad for Bol since he was invited to the draft room but still hasn't heard his name called.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

greenyellow wrote:It's approaching pick 40 and Bol, King, and Wooten are all still on the board. Feel bad for Bol since he was invited to the draft room but still hasn't heard his name called.
I had to finish up some work stuff, looked at the draft board and was shocked no one has drafted Bol yet. Wow. 43rd pick and both him and King are on the board. I understand Bol leaving, but King could have really made himself some money by coming back for another year. Wooten... I don't even know what he was thinking. Hoping he still gets drafted, but if not I hope he's familiar with Partizan Belgrade or CSKA Moscow.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

The Heat take Bol Bol with pick #44.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Bol is headed to Denver at #44. He really dropped further than I thought. While it seemed smart for him to leave early, he could potentially have moved up to a 1st rounder next year had he returned to Oregon for another season and stayed healthy.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

greenyellow wrote:Bol is headed to Denver at #44. He really dropped further than I thought. While it seemed smart for him to leave early, he could potentially have moved up to a 1st rounder next year had he returned to Oregon for another season and stayed healthy.
Miami to Denver is nice, Denver will be a top contender in the West next season.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Altman was the one who looked like he was smiling. Boll looked like he had been through an ordeal. Well anyway... he's going to a good team that will give him a chance to improve.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Draft is over and both Wooten and King didn't get drafted. They got some really bad draft advice. Both may have been better served playing another year at Oregon.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I wouldn't mind seeing the Blazers pick up King at least for the summer, since he plays a position of need, has the height to play small forward, and can actually shoot from distance. I mean, I know that's not Olshey's prototype for the position, but who knows, it might be worth a shot.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phalanx wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing the Blazers pick up King at least for the summer, since he plays a position of need, has the height to play small forward, and can actually shoot from distance. I mean, I know that's not Olshey's prototype for the position, but who knows, it might be worth a shot.
I really wish they'd some wings who can shoot but it seems both him and Stotts don't care if the forward positions are actual scorers since they have CJ and Dame.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Sucks for King. Would it be better for him to languish on an NBA bench with the best coaching? Or for him to play overseas or G-League and get playing time?
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

One thing I've noticed about both Bol and King is the coaching feedback coming from Oregon stinks. I don't know how much it helped sink Bol's stock since his medicals weren't good but I would bet that is what sent King out of the second round. Ouch... :(
Last edited by mattc94 on Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

mattc94 wrote:One thing I've noticed about both Bol and King is the coaching feedback coming from Oregon stinks. I don't know how much it helped sink Bol's stock since his medicals weren't good but I would bet that is what sunk King out of the second round. Ouch...
At this point, I don't really think the coaching staff says anything that will dissuade or persuade players to return. About the only thing they seem to do is support whatever decision is made regarding career options since you never hear the staff criticize the decisions afterward.