3%
Technically yes but not really
18%

Total votes: 34
Alan
Senior

Is Bol Bol a Duck?

Post by Alan »

9 games and done, not much for his student career either. For me Duck basketball has been a bit of a disappointment the last couple of years with the one and done players. I enjoy watching player develop through their years at Oregon. Even with an injury, with all his hype coming in 9 games was a pretty short Duck career.
GrantDuck
Senior

Re: Is Bol Bol a Duck?

Post by GrantDuck »

Of course he is.

This poll suck, sucks.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

GrantDuck wrote:Of course he is.

This poll suck, sucks.
Now I want to change my vote to NO, lol.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

GrantDuck wrote:Of course he is.

This poll suck, sucks.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

All I can say is wow. First, he picks Oregon over every other school in the country. He dominates the first 9 games. Then he breaks his foot and instead of dropping out of school and hiring an agent to rehab and prepare for the draft, he stays and travels with the team and cheers them on, all while continuing to go to class. He waits until after the season to officially announce his decision so he will not be a distraction to his teammates.

How is this even a question? I wish we had more kids like Bol.
Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Post by Jesseisabeast »

Once a duck....
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

So far far 30% of those who voted feel the same as I do. Can a athlete be considered as much of a Duck when they spend less than a year on campus and only plays a few games? This is not a slam on Bol, Prukop falls in the same category, three years at Montana St and a few months at Oregon. I wonder how Joey, Marcus, Pritchard, Eaton........etc feel about it? Guys like Fouts, Rashad and Miller, etc, are die hard Ducks, well Bol be one?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Well I guess Troy Brown isn't a Duck either then.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Bol Bol is a Duck, the amount of years, games is irrelevant There have been many "Ducks" throughout the history of Oregon athletics who played longer and didn't leave a footprint with the definition tht Bol Bol left.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Merganzer wrote:Bol Bol is a Duck, the amount of years, games is irrelevant There have been many "Ducks" throughout the history of Oregon athletics who played longer and didn't leave a footprint with the definition tht Bol Bol left.
You have always posted very good and intelligent posts and I respect your thoughts, with that in mind what footprint did Bol Bol leave in his nine games here and the hype of his recruitment?

Alan
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Alan wrote:
Merganzer wrote:Bol Bol is a Duck, the amount of years, games is irrelevant There have been many "Ducks" throughout the history of Oregon athletics who played longer and didn't leave a footprint with the definition tht Bol Bol left.
You have always posted very good and intelligent posts and I respect your thoughts, with that in mind what footprint did Bol Bol leave in his nine games here and the hype of his recruitment?

Alan
The easiest response to your query can be found in northbeachsf's post earlier in the thread. In my own words the qualification of Duckdom can't come down to a quantification of seasons. It must be what the Duck did in his or hers time. Bol Bol was nothing but a class guy while he played, before he got to Eugene, and after he was hurt. The basketball stats were very impressive, but were overshadowed by his role as a teammate during the great end of the season run. I always seek out and watch for Ducks in the pro's and so it will be with Bol Bol.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Alan asks a valid question tho. We had a four star receiver show up for one practice. By all accounts the practice went well, but almost none us would consider him much of a Duck. So yes, time spent counts.

Now before you go off, I think Bol is a Duck because the kid stayed with the team for the whole season and cheered his butt off. I loved that about him and I’m in no way comparing the previously mentioned WR to Bol, just making a point that time served should count. More sacrifice equals more respect earned.