WBB hosting two 5*'s this weekend

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckNV
One Star Recruit

Re: WBB hosting two 5*'s this weekend

Post by DuckNV »

greenyellow wrote:Prince essentially takes up the 15th and final scholarship as they have 9 projected returners for the 2020-2021 season and 5 HS commits. Only way Ware can come is if she's on a volleyball scholarship and then walks on to the basketball team.
With the increase in average rating for the incoming classes, it's not hard to imagine one or two transfers out. Wouldn't that open up a scholarship?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Of course a transfer or two would open up a spot, but not sure Graves can count on that so far out.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Great news! Looks like she has an athletic build so that may help her hold her ground in the paint. Amazing class. Can’t wait to see the ladies on the court. Go Ducks!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

greenyellow wrote:Of course a transfer or two would open up a spot, but not sure Graves can count on that so far out.
I would guess there will be at least two transfers. After practice and a few games it will become clear who will be playing and who won’t and all of them came here to play not sit on the bench. Just the result of constantly recruiting very competitive talented players to upgrade the talent level. At least two I’d guess. There will be more room as soon as the handwriting is on the wall, so to speak. Life at the top.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

According to this article she was teased and bullied most of her career. Oregon has great chemistry and appears very close knit, probably why Sedona is a Duck. Obviously the development of Ruthy Hebard also helped.

https://www.dailytexanonline.com/2018/1 ... er-bullies
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Ar ... 133463904/

Texas transfer Sedona Prince will petition the NCAA to play immediately at Oregon, she told DuckTerritory.com on Saturday morning. “I’ll be pushing for that waiver," she said in a phone interview. "I’ve heard from a few people that there’s a good chance that I’ll get it. They know the full story and know what’s been going on... If I do get that waiver, watch out, national championship here we come."
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

greenyellow wrote:Prince essentially takes up the 15th and final scholarship as they have 9 projected returners for the 2020-2021 season and 5 HS commits. Only way Ware can come is if she's on a volleyball scholarship and then walks on to the basketball team.
If Ware comes in on a VB scholarship (which I hope she does) she would not be able to walk onto the BB team without having her scholarship becoming a BB scholarship-just like Football and Track.
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

nogerO wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Of course a transfer or two would open up a spot, but not sure Graves can count on that so far out.
I would guess there will be at least two transfers. After practice and a few games it will become clear who will be playing and who won’t and all of them came here to play not sit on the bench. Just the result of constantly recruiting very competitive talented players to upgrade the talent level. At least two I’d guess. There will be more room as soon as the handwriting is on the wall, so to speak. Life at the top.
Some on TOS have suggested that Morgan Yeager may be a medical retirement possibility, as she has bad knees or something.
withamjd
One Star Recruit

Post by withamjd »

Bad back?
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

[quote="withamjd"]Ba

Yes I think it is her back.