Ducks in NBA Summer League

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Chris Boucher playing well, had 24 points 12 rebounds and a block.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Boucher playing well in the summer league

Post by StevensTechU »

Awesome to see.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

It would be interesting if Boucher had the most successful NBA career of anyone from that class (Brooks, Bell, and Dorsey). Plus, he already has two championship rings. Hopefully, he can keep it going.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I wonder if we can change this to a "Ducks in NBA Summer League" thread?

Louis King is struggling. Last night he was 1-5 from the floor, 2 points in 10 minutes. That's been pretty much his output in each of his 3 games so far.

Mikyle McIntosh fared decently coming off the bench for the Pacers in the same game. 10 points, 4 rebounds in 26 minutes.

Troy Brown had 16 points on 6-15 shooting for the Wizards, to go along with 9 REBs and 2 assists. I had a moment where I was like "Yikes, he's getting outplayed by rookie Hachimura (6-14, 19 pts) on the same team" but then realized Hachimura is older by almost two years....

After having 17 points in his last game, Joe Young put up a goose egg on 0-5 shooting for the Lakers. Young is old in Summer League at age 27. I can't remember if it was his rookie or sophomore year, but Young averaged over 20 ppg one summer. Last night, Codi Miller-McIntyre had a better audition to make the roster by dishing out 10 assists.

I could be missing somebody, so chime in if so.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Ducks in NBA Summer League

Post by StevensTechU »

From 7/9

Boucher continues to play well. On Tuesday, he had 23 points on 7-14 shooting, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks, and a steal in his team's win over the NYK.

For a few minutes, Kenny Wooten had the assignment of guarding Boucher, with the announcers commenting "One bouncy big from Oregon guarding another bouncy big from Oregon." Wooten played just 6 minutes, had 1 block, 1 rebound, took no shots, and turned the ball over twice.

I don't know what happened to Troy Brown, but he played just 7 minutes, none in the second half. He was 1-2 from the floor before exiting.

Elijah Brown, also on the Wizards, didn't get into the game.

Mikyle McIntosh keeps putting up numbers that indicate he belongs, but likely not good enough to signal to teams he's ready for an active roster. He had 9 pts, 6 rebs, a steal, and no blocks with 4 turnovers in 24 minutes with the Pacers.

Louis King (DET) and Joseph Young (LAL) play today.
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

Boucher is great. He really seems to have found the confidence in his game that was missing at Oregon.

Wooten has played fairly well but he needs to learn to do at least one thing on offense well outside of catch lobs if he's every going to have a shot.

Brown is still a work in progress but seems more confident too, his handle is improved, his shot not so much.

King is lost out there. It really shows how much he benefited from being in Altman's system because when it's a pick up style game like summer league he really just doesn't know where to be. Doesn't help he's not shooting well either.

McIntosh is the type of player who look solid in summer league scrums but is still super far away from playing the league. Athletically he's there, and his effort is tremendous, but he's a turnover machine and still can't shoot. Still no NBA skill on offense and he's less of a defender than Wooten.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Boucher is great, he killed it in the G-league, so not surprised at all he's playing well. He's gonna have a solid NBA career.

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Boucher is great, he killed it in the G-league, so not surprised at all he's playing well. He's gonna have a solid NBA career.
Agreed, he’ll definitely get more and real non-garbage playing time for Toronto this season.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

has Toronto lost any of their bigs? I know Marc and Ibaka are both back, but don't know where Boucher will get more minutes
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

thomas time wrote:has Toronto lost any of their bigs? I know Marc and Ibaka are both back, but don't know where Boucher will get more minutes
They lost their best big, Kawhi Leonard to free agency. I think that’s a pretty substantial loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

Gasol will be 35 and Ibaka 30 next season, if Boucher deserves minutes he'll get minutes.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Joe Young 0-6 last night. As previously mentioned, he dominated Summer League out of college. Not sure where his shot has gone this summer.

Wooten didn't get into the game for the Knicks.

Louis King had 4 points, and one highlight on a steal and breakaway dunk for the Pistons.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Boucher highlights from summer league

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phalanx wrote:It would be interesting if Boucher had the most successful NBA career of anyone from that class (Brooks, Bell, and Dorsey). Plus, he already has two championship rings. Hopefully, he can keep it going.

The Warriors didn't give Chris a ring.