Rotation 2019-2020

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

rcmason1
High School Drop Out

Rotation 2019-2020

Post by rcmason1 »

Obviously with the numbers everyone should get an opportunity at minutes but what’s your prediction?

Pritchard 6’1”
Richardson 6’4”
Duarte 6’5”
Walker 6’8”
Juiston 6’8”

Mathis 6th man
Okoro
Wur
Lawson

I think Duarte is going be a big time scorer from Day 1. Pritchard and Richardson are both known with what they bring. That said I’m interested in seeing if Richardson takes a jump and can he be a consistent scorer off the ball. Walker can ease in this lineup as a cleanup guy and weakside shotblocker. Juiston has multi faceted game. Although undersized he’s a good passer and super strong with the wingspan to play some 5. I watched him hold off Ayton in clinches and score over him at times when they played Arizona a 2 years ago. He can also shoot it to 18 ft

Mathis is the perfect 6th man candidate. He can come in and get hot and you rock with him or give someone a blow. Okoro has experience and should be able to play with Walker and Juiston at times. Lawson and Wur are wildcards for me. If either can provide consistency this team has PAC 12 winning capabilities.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Rotation 2019-2020

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I also think Duarte comes in with a bang. I could see him being our best player right off the bat.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

My primary concern with Duarte is that he appears a tad slow. I'm hopeful his game will translate, but if it doesn't, I won't be shocked. Fingers crossed!
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I think Okoro will start

PP
Mathis
Duarte
Walker
Okoro

Juiston (6th man)
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

This team could be good, but talk about thin...yikes.

There are 120 guard / wing minutes available to split between Pritch, Richardson, Mathis, and Duarte. With Pritch playing 38 minutes a game, that leaves roughly 27 minutes per game for the others, which seems reasonable.

Down low, there are 80 minutes for Juiston, Okoro, and Walker. That is 27 minutes each, which may be a stretch, but is doable if they can stay out of foul trouble.

If we have multiple guys in foul trouble or if anyone gets injured, that is going to force Altman to play Lawson and Wur extended minutes. Both of them seem extremely talented, but it has been reported that they are very raw. My guess is there is likely a large drop off in performance and record if Altman is forced to do this often.

Getting Dante would be a HUGE for obvious reasons.

Basketball needs to adopt the same rule as football, where players can play in a few games and still preserve their redshirt.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Big weakness on this team will be foul shooting. PP/Mathis/Duarte can all shoot FT% well.

Rest of the %'s aren't pretty. Richardson shooting in the mid 60's.

Okoro-46%
CJ Walker 52%
Juiston 50-60%
Dante 50-60%

No doubt Altman will have them shooting 100's of FT's like, yesterday.

We will have to also learn to share the ball/pass. Pritchard and Richardson, not worried about those 2, but the rest of the team, has scary low assist rates. Duarte and Mathis in particular need to improve as wing players.

Strengths on the other hand, we should be an amazing rebounding team, pretty solid defensively(we will see on Duarte/Mathis how they are as defenders). Shooting will be just OK, but better than last year(PP will shoot better, Mathis is a knock down shooter, Richardson will shoot better). Low post scoring will be better. Length/Athletes will be there. So, lots to like, with the 2 glaring weaknesses of FT shooting/ball handling.

Ceiling isn't as high as last season, but I do expect we'll have a better regular season and hopefully better chemistry as a team.
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

CJ shot 78% in EBL games so I think he'll do better than 52%

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

duck541 wrote:CJ shot 78% in EBL games so I think he'll do better than 52%

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Good to know. Him and Dante both have decent form.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I'd say the depth chart looks like this:
PG: Pritchard, Richardson
SG: Mathis, Patterson, Duarte
SF: Duarte, Walker
PF: Juiston, Walker, Lawson, Wur
C: Okoro, Dante

This is probably the deepest team that Oregon has had in quite some time. If I had to guess, Wur may end up redshirting.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I think Mathis will be the Day 1 starter at off guard. Patterson will probably play the 3. Coach Altman is going to have a lot of interesting options for rotations. The starters could change on a nightly basis, depending on who the ducks are playing.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Have heard Paterson was recruited to play the 2 fwiw
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

greenyellow wrote:I'd say the depth chart looks like this:
PG: Pritchard, Richardson
SG: Mathis, Patterson, Duarte
SF: Duarte, Walker
PF: Juiston, Walker, Lawson, Wur
C: Okoro, Dante

This is probably the deepest team that Oregon has had in quite some time. If I had to guess, Wur may end up redshirting.
This looks pretty accurate to me, as Altman tends to prefer more of a flex 4 over the years(fits Juiston well), but we will have the ability to go big or small depending on matchups, so we might see some games with this "small" lineup and others I can see us going with Juiston at the 3 and Walker at 4. We could even go smaller with something like Richardson/PP/Duarte/Juiston/Walker as well.

How the minutes get distributed should be really interesting. Hopefully stay fully healthy so that's a good problem to have.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

greenyellow wrote:If I had to guess, Wur may end up redshirting.
Odds of this have definitely gone way up, which I think is a great thing. Wur has a ton of ability, but he's very raw.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Hard to guess the starting lineup.

Tier 1 - FOR SURE STARTERS
Pritchard
Duarte
Juiston

TIER 2 - PROBABLE STARTERS
50-70% STARTERS
Walker
Mathis
Dante

TIER 3- 6TH MEN/FRINGE STARTERS
Okoro
Richardson

TIER 4 - DEPTH
Patterson
Wur

TIER 5 - NOT MUCH TIME
Lawson

I think Wur could be anywhere from tier 2-4. He is the wildcard. His skillset and talent is amazing.
rcmason1
High School Drop Out

Post by rcmason1 »

Anybody have practice reports on who is looking good so far