Do Oregon Ducks lead for 5 * Center, Makur Maker?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Do Oregon Ducks lead for 5 * Center, Makur Maker?

Post by Merganzer »

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2 ... maker.html

The Oregon Ducks basketball program seems to be perpetually in the mix for a five-star prospect under coach Dana Altman, and that trend continues late into the 2019 recruiting cycle and early part of the 2020 class.
Still awaiting the imminent re-classification decision and recruiting announcement of five-star center N’Faly Dante, Oregon may also be heavily in the mix for another five-star center.
According to Rivals national recruiting analyst Corey Evans, class of 2020 big man Makur Maker, the cousin of NBA player Thon Maker, is strongly considering a future in Eugene – if he doesn’t turn pro out of high school:
northbeachsf
Freshman

Re: Do Oregon Ducks lead for 5 * Center, Makur Maker?

Post by northbeachsf »

Go get him Dana!!!!
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Not sure how I feel about recruiting guys only for one year. It hasn't worked out really well so far. Still, I guess it's nice to see more former ducks in the NBA. I guess.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Bol Bol redux?
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Tray Dub wrote:Bol Bol redux?
At 7', 230 Maker Makur definitely has more mass than did Bol Bol. He shows some physicality that Bol Bol didn't demonstrate, along with a nice touch and handles in this highlights package.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwtUm8J1lLI
OG Duck
Two Star Recruit

Post by OG Duck »

Phalanx wrote:Not sure how I feel about recruiting guys only for one year. It hasn't worked out really well so far. Still, I guess it's nice to see more former ducks in the NBA. I guess.
Without Louis King last season, Oregon wouldn't have had even a remote shot at making the NCAA tournament.

And you're right -- the more Ducks in the NBA, the better.