Merganzer
Senior

2020 5* G, Nimari Burnett has Oregon in Top 5

Post by Merganzer »

ducksrock
Senior

Re: 2020 5* G, Nimari Burnett has Oregon in Top 5

Post by ducksrock »

From reading his breakdown, he seems to value his talents quite highly, before setting one foot onto the College Basketball stage..One and Done?... National Championship talk? Lofty goals...Realistic? Probably not so much..Personally, I much prefer a quality kid that can be developed within the program and stick around for a few years...If he is The One, maybe going pro should be considered...I am just not fond of the one and done concept..
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Sounds like he's the second coming of Mike...
Last edited by nogerO on Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

He is a combo guard and essentially plays the same position as Green. Its kind of weird to think of a 5-star player as a back up plan for Oregon, but that easily could be the case here. Green is an Oregon lean, assuming he doesn't decide to go overseas. We only have 3 spots as it stands right now, so Altman can be very selective.

Moody, Barnes, and Makur all seem very much in play as well, right? This is pretty crazy. However, we really need a true point guard in this class.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

ducksrock wrote:From reading his breakdown, he seems to value his talents quite highly, before setting one foot onto the College Basketball stage..One and Done?... National Championship talk? Lofty goals...Realistic? Probably not so much..Personally, I much prefer a quality kid that can be developed within the program and stick around for a few years...If he is The One, maybe going pro should be considered...I am just not fond of the one and done concept..
One and dones do wonders for the program. Going deep in the NCAA tournament and getting guys drafted is what attracts recruits. So if Burnett will be a 1st round pick and if he can help us go to the tournament, sign me up.

It's great to see Oregon in it with so many top recruits. Look at who has won championships, and historically those teams dominate recruiting. I love the change.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Just visited Oregon, it went well. Oregon should battle for his end of December commitment with Texas Tech and Bama.

mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

He announces his commitment decision tomorrow. 247 has him going towards Texas Tech. But was here for the WSU game and said the visit blew him away. But I think it's a toss up between TT and Bama.
Last edited by mattc94 on Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Sure seems after a lot of 2020 recruits named Oregon in their top 3-5, they've all gone elsewhere. Unless they get a commitment from Burnett, it doesn't look like Oregon will have anyone sign during the early signing period that begins Wednesday and ends on November 20th.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

greenyellow wrote:Sure seems after a lot of 2020 recruits named Oregon in their top 3-5, they've all gone elsewhere. Unless they get a commitment from Burnett, it doesn't look like Oregon will have anyone sign during the early signing period that begins Wednesday and ends on November 20th.
Wouldn't worry too much about it. The way Altman closed out the late recruiting period this summer I won't doubt his ability again.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Texas Tech
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Sure seems after a lot of 2020 recruits named Oregon in their top 3-5, they've all gone elsewhere. Unless they get a commitment from Burnett, it doesn't look like Oregon will have anyone sign during the early signing period that begins Wednesday and ends on November 20th.
Yeah this year especially has been pretty bad. Crazy part is we were legit leaders if not sole leaders for a lot of these guys at one point. Not good at closing so far.

There's still some big boys on our board, and Oregon does have a good habit of snagging quality recruits late in the game. But it's still always sour to lose so many close battles.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

With the way basketball recruiting has gone, you almost have to look at two classes at the same time because so many kids are reclassifying, especially Canadian/international recruits.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Gotta close Jalen Green.

Texas Tech has a great staff and is coming of a championship game appearance.