Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck541
Four Star Recruit

N'Faly Dante is a Duck!!

Post by duck541 »

greenyellow

Re: N'Faly Dante is a Duck!!

Post by greenyellow »

Big-time get for Altman and his staff. Oregon now has a top-flight big man up front to help build around this upcoming season. If they can gel by conference play, they could potentially be a real threat to win the conference.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Great News!

We'll see how it all comes together. Will be thrown right into the fire this year with our tough schedule.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Oh my!!!! YES!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

What a turnaround. Just a few months ago we were losing guys to the likes of Arizona St. and Cinci
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I guess Oregon loves Kansas and Canada?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

What a beautiful letter he wrote. Kid is going to put his all into his efforts, can't wait to watch him play.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

mrpd21 wrote:What a beautiful letter he wrote. Kid is going to put his all into his efforts, can't wait to watch him play.
He's now going to be at a school where he'll have all the shoes he wants.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

mrpd21 wrote:What a beautiful letter he wrote. Kid is going to put his all into his efforts, can't wait to watch him play.
Yeah, that was really, really good. Take a read everyone if you can find the time today. The peanut butter bit in particular will make you appreciate your life today.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Phenom wrote:What a turnaround. Just a few months ago we were losing guys to the likes of Arizona St. and Cinci
Absolutely! After the great run last season the off season had taken a depressing turn, but things are lookin' good now! I agree with everybody else about the letter he wrote to his mom and shared with us.
Last edited by Merganzer on Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

GrantDuck wrote:
Yeah, that was really, really good. Take a read everyone if you can find the time today. The peanut butter bit in particular will make you appreciate your life today.
I imagine giving him free peanut butter is an NCAA violation :lol:
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I've watched him a bit and he's not super springy like Wooten/Boucher, but he does a nice job of getting low and moving on defense against guards. A good fall in the weight room with Oregon's S+C staff will do him some good in terms of balance/leaping.

His low post game is decently developed (go to move is a simple power hook to the middle from the left block going right) and his shooting form is not bad. He's not going to dominate like an Ayton or Bol, but he'll still be very good.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

My gosh that letter he wrote was simply fantastic! Such a special young man with a bright future. Everyone needs an attitude and work ethic like his! He deserves a career in the NBA, and he would be one fantastic role model to kids everywhere. So glad Oregon landed this young man!

This may be an NCAA violation, but could fans raise money to fly his mom to Eugene even if it's just for a short visit so she can watch her son play in person?
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

OregonFan4Life wrote:My gosh that letter he wrote was simply fantastic! Such a special young man with a bright future. Everyone needs an attitude and work ethic like his! He deserves a career in the NBA, and he would be one fantastic role model to kids everywhere. So glad Oregon landed this young man!

This may be an NCAA violation, but could fans raise money to fly his mom to Eugene even if it's just for a short visit so she can watch her son play in person?
I got tears in my eyes reading that. It would be awesome to get his mom to come visit him, but any fan or university help would be an impermissible benefit. Not to mention the difficulty of acquiring an American visa when her son is a college student. I can't even get a tourist visa for one of my good friends from a much better off country than Mali. But hopefully Dante can ball out and get himself to the NBA next year or the year after, the State Department is a lot more generous with visas when your relatives have a million dollars.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:My gosh that letter he wrote was simply fantastic! Such a special young man with a bright future. Everyone needs an attitude and work ethic like his! He deserves a career in the NBA, and he would be one fantastic role model to kids everywhere. So glad Oregon landed this young man!

I got tears in my eyes reading that. It would be awesome to get his mom to come visit him, but any fan or university help would be an impermissible benefit. Not to mention the difficulty of acquiring an American visa when her son is a college student. I can't even get a tourist visa for one of my good friends from a much better off country than Mali. But hopefully Dante can ball out and get himself to the NBA next year or the year after, the State Department is a lot more generous with visas when your relatives have a million dollars.
I figured there'd be no way, just seems worth a try. She absolutely deserves to see him play in person and he deserves to have her watch him play. I get what the NCAA is doing with wanting these athletes to be amateurs, but for things like this it's absolutely ridiculous. Why couldn't fans pay for something like this that provides 0 financial benefit to Dante! It's so overboard. .

And I too teared up reading it at work.