2020 Oregon Commit List

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

2020 Oregon Commit List

Post by greenyellow »

Thread to keep track of all known 2020 commits for Oregon.

HARD COMMIT:
PG Jalen Terry (Commit Date: 1/17/20)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JalenTerry
Scouting Profile: https://247sports.com/Player/Jalen-Terry-46047705
greenyellow

Re: 2020 Oregon Commit List

Post by greenyellow »

4* PG Jalen Terry is the newest addition to Oregon's 2020 recruiting class:
HomeSickDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by HomeSickDuck »

Does anyone know if we’re trying to get anyone else in the class and if so who were looking at? I’d like to see a more offensively skilled forward.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

HomeSickDuck wrote:Does anyone know if we’re trying to get anyone else in the class and if so who were looking at? I’d like to see a more offensively skilled forward.
Verbal Commits has us still listed for Ziaire Williams. We made his final 6 cut but UNC and Arizona are also big competition as well. The scouting reports don't list him as a polished offensive wing though. And that's something we will greatly need with Pritchard graduating.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

mattc94 wrote:
HomeSickDuck wrote:Does anyone know if we’re trying to get anyone else in the class and if so who were looking at? I’d like to see a more offensively skilled forward.
Verbal Commits has us still listed for Ziaire Williams. We made his final 6 cut but UNC and Arizona are also big competition as well. The scouting reports don't list him as a polished offensive wing though. And that's something we will greatly need with Pritchard graduating.
In theory we'll have Patterson and Duarte next year at wing, with Richardson being able to play there also depending on how much Terry plays.

Jalen Green is the guy I've wanted in this class for over a year now, but not sure where he's at and if we can outbid Memphis.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

GrantDuck wrote:
mattc94 wrote:
In theory we'll have Patterson and Duarte next year at wing, with Richardson being able to play there also depending on how much Terry plays.

Jalen Green is the guy I've wanted in this class for over a year now, but not sure where he's at and if we can outbid Memphis.
With Eugene Omoruyi and Eric William's Jr. coming in (also is there a rumor that Isaac Johnson will return a year early?) we may not need much in the way of new talent. Esp as it doesnt look like we will have any early entries into the draft. Don't see Jalen Green coming though. Every insider says he's headed back east.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Based on recent history, seems wise to expect someone will leave that we weren't expecting. Or, if like 2019, several someones.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Some on SD are saying that Duarte planned to go overseas after this year. Also, they said that Patterson and Walker were thinking about transferring earlier in the year. Dante might also be gone. I hope we can at least keep Patterson and Duarte.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Phenom wrote:Some on SD are saying that Duarte planned to go overseas after this year. Also, they said that Patterson and Walker were thinking about transferring earlier in the year. Dante might also be gone. I hope we can at least keep Patterson and Duarte.
Duarte leaving actually makes sense. He just had a kid. I understand the need for an immediate pay day. Walker might go to a smaller school where he feels he can feature more. He hasn't exactly lit it up the year. But Patterson has made great strides and has a good chance to start next year... esp if Duarte is gone. I don't know where he'd transfer that he'd improve his pro lot. Dante... well, he will make a good backup for a few more games. Best of luck to all of them whatever happens.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Phenom wrote:Some on SD are saying that Duarte planned to go overseas after this year. Also, they said that Patterson and Walker were thinking about transferring earlier in the year. Dante might also be gone. I hope we can at least keep Patterson and Duarte.
Sounds like a typical offseason.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Sounds like a typical offseason.
Oregon will continue to have talent draining off seasons until the NBA takes full responsibility for developing it's own players.
Last edited by mattc94 on Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

How does one-and-done cause the transfers? I can understand why it's caused guys like King and perhaps Dante to leave, but if Patterson and Walker transfer that seems like a problem of its own.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Tray Dub wrote:How does one-and-done cause the transfers? I can understand why it's caused guys like King and perhaps Dante to leave, but if Patterson and Walker transfer that seems like a problem of its own.
Patterson should stay. He will make a monster jump next season. You could see flashes of it this year.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I expect the whole team to leave the way our offseasons have gone the last few years..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Walker has so much potential. I really hope Dana convinces him to stick around. He can be a Darius Miles type.

Dante and Duarte I can’t blame if they do want to get paid. Family situations.

Patterson figured it out at the end of the year, he needs to come back.

This is going to be Richardson’s team next year, it’s looking like. And I keep forgetting that we have Omoruyi (sp?) and Williams in our back pocket. And Altman will probably be hunting for another grad transfer.