WBB #1 Oregon @ #17 Syracuse (Sunday 1:00 watchESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck58
Four Star Recruit

Re: WBB #1 Oregon @ #17 Syracuse (Sunday 1:00 watchESPN)

Post by duck58 »

shoparound wrote:I was a bit surprised to see how weak the bench was today, considering they seemed to cruise in the other games, including the Team USA.
Will have to keep an eye on it.
Really hoping to hear good news on Sedona!
First game away from home court. Also, the bench didn't play that much other than Chavez(17 min.). Jaz S(7), Lydia G. and Winterburn (5 min.)each.
Last edited by duck58 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

duck58 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Went from 31 points at halftime to 31 points in the 3rd.
ACC announcers mentioned that. Then said that's what the #1 team looks like. Also, that's what the best player looks like. They were amazed at the range Sabrina has for 3 pointers. The only homering was thinking it was something Syracuse was doing to stay close in the 1st half. Ducks were killing themselves. They got open shots but couldn't buy a bucket, except for Satou. Ruthie even missed some layups she never misses. ACC refs seem to call traveling closer than PAC-12.
There was about 10 back of the rim misses in the first half. None of that was because of Syracuse (nerves?)....If they shoot to their average ability in the first half, it would have been 30-35 point victory....on the road against a top 25 opponent...

As it was, solid victory all things considered. Oregon plays very mediocre and still wins handily. If they play their best game, no one will beat them..
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I wonder if playing and more specifically shooting in a dome messed with their depth perception in the first half?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine