MBB: #6 North Carolina vs #11 Oregon (Fri 8:30 AM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: MBB: #6 North Carolina vs #11 Oregon (Fri 8:30 AM ESPN)

Post by greenyellow »

Altman said heading into the season that rebounding was a concern for this team, mainly due to effort and their size. The effort is mostly there and with Dante finally coming in, the size issue shouldn't be as big of a deal. This team is still nowhere close to its full potential so to be 6-2 with their only losses to two top-ten teams in the final seconds is rather encouraging.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

This is a confounding, agonizing, exhilarating and super fun team to watch so far. In this game in particular its hard to figure how the Ducks had a good chance at winning it at the end. The lack of play at the basket, on both ends is what is really deficient, and Dante should help in that. The team never gives up. Good times ahead.
rcmason1
High School Drop Out

Post by rcmason1 »

Front Court combined to go 5-25 between Juiston, Okoro, Lawson and Walker. Mix that with Mathis not buying a 3, giving up 19 O Rbs and 12-20 FT you get beat. Can’t have all those things go wrong. Dante will help with his size and athleticism. Peyton will trust others better as the season goes on. Gelling around the PAC 12 tournament will be key but unlike last year this team is good enough to be top 3 in the PAC 12
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

the key is even tho we lost to Gonzaga and N caro it will be
give the team confidence going into pac 12 play and the tourney.

I remember years ago when Denny Crum was at Louisville and he
played an early top ten schedule. Said it prepared their team for tourney.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think this team is already playing on par to the squad last year that went on the sweet 16 run and way ahead of that team in nov/dec last year. Add in a potential top 10 pick in Dante and I love the potential of this team.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Obviously every loss is a bad loss... But a lot of positives to take in, and with Altman's groups in particular, I think this isn't too bad. Altman usually aims for strong finishes, rather than strong starts and peaking too early. Let's hope that continues.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Lost two close games to a couple of the toughest teams in CBB and we had a total of three returning players last year... Yeah I'll take that.

Read an article about Payton Pritchard in the Athletic where he says this year he'll have had 37 teammates in his four years here when Dante finally starts playing.

That's insane!
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

I'm curious what the Top 25 will look like on Monday. First, Oregon's opponent on Dec.14, Michigan came in to the tournament unranked, comes out of it with dominating wins over #6 UNC and #8 Gonzaga. #11 Oregon, W over #13, losses by a total of 5 points to #8 and #6.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:Mathis not making his shots is killing us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He’s 1/12 from threes this tournament.
In fairness to Mathis, they have been covering him like a blanket. He is not getting open looks.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Yeah Seton Hall main plan on D was to not allow him to shoot an open 3. Going into the tournament he was one of the best 3 point shooters in the nation. We just played 3 top 15 teams in 3 days, it’s inevitable that you’re going to have some weaknesses exposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Merganzer wrote: I'm curious what the Top 25 will look like on Monday. First, Oregon's opponent on Dec.14, Michigan came in to the tournament unranked, comes out of it with dominating wins over #6 UNC and #8 Gonzaga. #11 Oregon, W over #13, losses by a total of 5 points to #8 and #6.
Respect!

To lose to Gonzaga in OT, and being a basket away from changing the scope of the UNC game is huge for Oregon. We are in an excellent spot right now.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13