MBB: #11 Oregon @ Stanford (Sat 3 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: MBB: #11 Oregon @ Stanford (Sat 3 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by Tray Dub »

Our bigs are a massive defensive liability
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon is starting to hit some shots but need to find a way to stop Stanford's big guy, who's torching them down low.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

That's a game Oregon should have won. They just got complacent after getting that 9-point lead. I'm sure Altman will get on them for their effort and execution in the 2nd half after doing so well for the first 26 minutes of the game.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Our shots didn't drop in the second half at all and our bigs just are not good. I'm not concerned about the first problem, but the second one is a real achilles heel.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

They just have no size without Dante. Okoro hasn’t player well for a good while. Juiston is really undersized to play the 5. Bigs have career nights left and right against them. That being said, it was just a bad shooting night, especially the second half. A lot of shots just weren’t falling and rolling around the rim. It happens.
Last edited by droop10 on Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Pretty horrific second half collapse. So many bricked lay ups, it was almost comical. Duarte was a second half no-show, and Lawson showed he is a freshman, totally ineffective. Mathis had a good 1st half, and hardly saw the ball in the 2nd, even though DA said they need to get him more shots. Bad loss.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

four players were, I think, ten of forty-eight shooting. How is that possible? Is there someone who can replace Okoro? Argh, what a mess our bigs were today, simply outplayed easily.
Next game.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

droop10 wrote:They just have no size without Dante. Okoro hasn’t player well for a good while. Juiston is really undersized to play the 5. Bigs have career nights left and right against them. That being said, it was just a bad shooting night, especially the second half. A lot of shots just weren’t falling and rolling around the rim. It happens.
Yep, Pritchard and Duarte shot a combined, 10-42 overall, both 5-21. Duarte, 2-9 on 3's, Prichard, 3-10. The only Duck who shot better than 50% overall was Richardson, 6-8, 1-2 on 3's. The missed 3 by Duarte with 2:26 left would have cut the lead to 62-61.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Richardson made one more shot than Pritchard and Duarte on 13 less shots. Seems to me Pritchard and Duarte overshot but I also didn’t watch the game. Is that what happened?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Pritchard and Duarte were missing some wide-open shots and layins that they normally make. It was just one of those nights where the shooting went cold and it kinda didn't show up again until it was too late.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

greenyellow wrote:Pritchard and Duarte were missing some wide-open shots and layins that they normally make. It was just one of those nights where the shooting went cold and it kinda didn't show up again until it was too late.
Perhaps I am naive but how do tall athletic guys like that miss the lay ins?
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Without Dante, this is basically an Ernie Kent team(a good one). Good guards/offense, but absolutely oafish and low IQ bigs in Okoro and Juiston. Okoro is turning into like some Flo Hartenstein-ish. It's like he doesn't have fingers on his hands, the ball just bounces off.

Lawson is pretty good, but he needs to get stronger.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Seems to me Pritchard and Duarte overshot but I also didn’t watch the game. Is that what happened?
The guards have to shoot a lot, there is no other option. The Oregon "big men" are mediocre on a good night. In this particular game, horrific doesn't quite capture how bad they were. Walker and Lawson were complete trash. The good news is there is nowhere for the Oregon bigs to go but up from here.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

rockthief wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Pritchard and Duarte were missing some wide-open shots and layins that they normally make. It was just one of those nights where the shooting went cold and it kinda didn't show up again until it was too late.
Perhaps I am naive but how do tall athletic guys like that miss the lay ins?
1. They have no touch/feel/2 "left" hands. (Okoro)

2. They need the Ruthy Hebard school of fundamentals. (Lawson/Dante)