Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

Anyone know our chances for her?

Post by Bighonkingduck »

gogreen55
Senior

Re: Anyone know our chances for her?

Post by gogreen55 »

Just based on the article, it looks like it might be hard to pull her across the country. She mentions that all of her family wants to see her play and she likely would have signed with Princeton for that reason, had the coach not left for North Carolina. However, she does have Oregon and Stanford in her top 6, so who knows. The Ducks convinced another 5 star New Jersey player (Kylee Watson) to come across the country in the last recruiting class......maybe they can do it again.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

With Sabrina and Minyon both leaving this year the Ducks could be a good spot for her.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

This girl is a 2021 recruit so Sabrina and Minyon leaving don't really affect her, especially with Oregon having signed the #1 recruiting class in 2020. They'll be losing Boley, Giomi, Satou Sabally (if she doesn't leave early for the WNBA), and Yaeger after next season. They've got G Taylor Bigby, the #23 player in the 2021 class, committed so they'll likely be going after some forwards to replace the remaining three.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Yeah, I was looking at the prospects for the 2021 recruiting class the other day, to see if there were any that could fill a similar type role to Satou after she moves on. Looking at the size and scouting reports for the prospects, I think the best option might be Rayah Marshall. She is currently uncommitted and on the West Coast (Los Angeles), so it seems like the Ducks would have a reasonable shot. She is 6'3" and has a 5-star ranking (96 score) on HoopGurlz. Her scouting report snippets sound similar to what Sabally brings to the table...

Boo Williams Invitational-April 2019: Athletic guard prospect with versatility; shot maker, elevates over defenders in the paint, exploits smaller guards and yields results in the block; rebounds and handles coast-to-coast in transition game; gets respect to the arc; brings a Candace Parker-type versatility; continues as an impact prospect in the class of 2021. (Olson)

Nike Nationals-July 2019: Athletic guard brings superior size to the back court; versatile, mismatch creator, elevates over defenders; quick, active on the glass, finishes plays in traffic; emerging offensive arsenal on the perimeter is key to next level impact; off-the-charts potential. (Olson)

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-b ... h-marshall
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

I knew we had top 2020 recruiting class but didn't know what they were. 3 guards; all 5* we have 4 returning next year; Taylor, Holly, Jaz, and Morgan. Is Morgan injured? I notice she doesn't play much even in garbage time. 2 forwards; both 5* We have 6 returning; Satou, Nyara (hope she can finally play), Lydia, Sedona, Erin, and Lucy. That would be 7 guards and 8 forwards. Next year we lose 1 guard and 3 forwards leaving us with 5 guards and 6 forwards returning the next year. Looks like a lot of talent there. As pointed out, already have a 5* guard in 2021. Could take another. So I think the attitude would be that she's a great athlete and we would love to have her but it's certainly not something we would be upset over. I know it's been a great ride with Sabrina, Ruthy, and Satou, but, I don't think the Ducks are going away when they're gone.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

duck58 wrote:I knew we had top 2020 recruiting class but didn't know what they were. 3 guards; all 5* we have 4 returning next year; Taylor, Holly, Jaz, and Morgan. Is Morgan injured? I notice she doesn't play much even in garbage time. 2 forwards; both 5* We have 6 returning; Satou, Nyara (hope she can finally play), Lydia, Sedona, Erin, and Lucy. That would be 7 guards and 8 forwards. Next year we lose 1 guard and 3 forwards leaving us with 5 guards and 6 forwards returning the next year. Looks like a lot of talent there. As pointed out, already have a 5* guard in 2021. Could take another. So I think the attitude would be that she's a great athlete and we would love to have her but it's certainly not something we would be upset over. I know it's been a great ride with Sabrina, Ruthy, and Satou, but, I don't think the Ducks are going away when they're gone.
Morgan has a chronic back...I wouldn't expect her to contribute meaningfully to the team in the future.

And yeah, Oregon has it rolling program-wise. Best talent in the country this year, and should still have top 5 talent next year and beyond. I believe Graves is on record saying that Oregon wont be going away next year, which means the coaches love what will be here next year too.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I know Sabrina is the GOAT but I'm a little more worried about losing Ruthy. Our guards and wing players will be great but we haven't seen too much of our post players outside of Ruthy.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Phenom wrote:I know Sabrina is the GOAT but I'm a little more worried about losing Ruthy. Our guards and wing players will be great but we haven't seen too much of our post players outside of Ruthy.
I think they are very high on Sedona, Kyara, and freshman Kylee Watson. Actually the first two are new as far as playing time. And I think Lucy C. is going to be at least a solid player. Shown ability to block shots. Raw talent needing development. Love Lydia, but I think even next year she will be good for a few minutes in a backup roll.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I don't know if I've ever seen a Duck, man or woman, finish as reliably as Hebard. It's pretty incredible.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Tray Dub wrote:I don't know if I've ever seen a Duck, man or woman, finish as reliably as Hebard. It's pretty incredible.
No doubt about that. She set a record in 2018 with 33 consecutive made field goals. It would be a deep search to find a game where she is under 65%. During games Sabrina passes her open like a great QB to a star WR.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Just saw that 2 of the 3 2020 incoming guards are in the 10 finalists for HS player of the year. All 5 of UOs recruits were in the top 25. What a job of recruiting. So this girl is definitely not a must. Maybe nice for depth, but depends on what Kelly sees as needs. Good spot to be in, when a girl of this talent does not have to be a priority.