WBB: #3 Oregon @ #4 UConn (Mon 4 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

thomas time
Senior

Re: WBB: #3 Oregon @ #4 UConn (Mon 4 PM ESPN2)

Post by thomas time »

just dominated them from the get go, up 10-2 at the beginning and never really let UCONN get close. UCONN had won 66 in a row at home, very impressive win for the ducks!!!
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Statement...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

thomas time wrote:just dominated them from the get go, up 10-2 at the beginning and never really let UCONN get close. UCONN had won 66 in a row at home, very impressive win for the ducks!!!
Yes, a great "come from behind" win for the Ducks, Boley was ballin', hit some shots and was a big part of the D. Chavez missed her shots but she had a great pass for an assist. That and 1 for Sabally, starting from the 3 point line to the basket was incredible, but for her it just looked normal. Moore has really moved to a different gear on offense and it hasn't affected her defense at all. Hebard has always been unstoppable at the basket, now she's a beast on the boards, and 23 triple doubles for Sabrina is ridiculous, and she could have had 10 more if her and Graves played for them.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Boley is my player of the game. Cheers!
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

So Ionescu doesn't exactly have her 'A' game going, the bench doesn't score a single point (not that they played a lot), yet the Ducks still go across the country and win by 18 at UConn? Not a bad sign of where this team is at.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Boley played well, no doubt, but to me the real catalyst is Minyon Moore. The defensive intensity this year is incredible and I think it starts with her.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

maxduck wrote:Boley played well, no doubt, but to me the real catalyst is Minyon Moore. The defensive intensity this year is incredible and I think it starts with her.
Yeah, her bulldog mentality (and quickness to back it up) has definitely given this team a little different personality than last year. Maite Cazorla was a very good player and obviously had her strengths, but in terms of intensity and mentality, she was a wallflower compared to Minyon.

I'm sure there will still be some games where Minyon struggles on offense (like all players do), and Chavez will be the better option to roll with in those games, but the effort and defensive mindset that Minyon brings to the table has been a constant.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Minyon Moore has become this teams Bruce Bowen. However she really dominated on offense tonight.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Wonderful, fun game to watch!
Sabrina definitely wasn't in her A game (so many turnovers and low scoring) but the rest of the team is with her!
My goodness, Hebard (who is my player of the game) just ate up the post in this one. No one in Uconn could stop her, absolutely schooled them.

Really hoping this is the start and that Boley can heat up towards the end of the year when we need her most.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

The only way this team loses is when they lose focus (like with ASU)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/04/spor ... women.html

STORRS, Conn. — The postgame tableau at Gampel Pavilion, of a disappointed Geno Auriemma analyzing what went wrong, was unfamiliar.

After his team’s 74-56 loss to Oregon on Monday night, Auriemma, the longtime coach of the UConn women’s basketball team, was left to analyze exactly why his team didn’t just lose on its campus court for the first time since Jan. 5, 2013, but lost by a margin never seen at Gampel, which opened in 1990.

Auriemma had a simple answer, one that is instructive when evaluating the rise of the Oregon women’s basketball program under Coach Kelly Graves.

“They’re just too good, and their big kids are too good,” Auriemma said. “We don’t have anybody at that level. We just don’t.”