MBB: #14 Oregon @ #24 Arizona (Sat 6 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Re: MBB: #14 Oregon @ #24 Arizona (Sat 6 PM ESPN)

Post by mattc94 »

UA was 10/21 fro the free throw line. We don't look so bad now! Amazing game from Payton but we wouldn't have won that without Juison. For that four plus minutes he turned into the inside scoring force we've needed all year. And I think Altman may have had it with Dante. Don't think I've ever heard him drop as many hints about a player to the media ever. Could be just challenging him as well. But Duarte is out there playing with a broken finger on his shooting hand and I saw him crashing into multiple players with no care to his body.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

mattc94 wrote:UA was 10/21 fro the free throw line. We don't look so bad now! Amazing game from Payton but we wouldn't have won that without Juison. For that four plus minutes he turned into the inside scoring force we've needed all year. And I think Altman may have had it with Dante. Don't think I've ever heard him drop as many hints about a player to the media ever. Could be just challenging him as well. But Duarte is out there playing with a broken finger on his shooting hand and I saw him crashing into multiple players with no care to his body.
Yep, about time that the other team blew it at the FT line. Is it the case, in complete objectivity, that Arizona really did choke that game away? Twice. On the heroic side; w/o Pritchard's 38, the Ducks don't win. But 9 points, the only points in OT for Juiston, how isn't he the Player Of the Game?
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

That was a great game to watch. Exciting/nutty finish. Cant say I've seen a series of events like that to end a basketball game. Oregon was very lucky (of course), but also Oregon has shown a knack for winning these grindy, close games (hello PP). Oregon is still no where near their potential in my opinion....that should be a major cause for optimism in March. Would not be surprised if they made the Elite 8 this year, going on a run, nor would I be surprised with a surprising, early loss, with luck running out.

Oregon is a handful of plays away from being 16-12 on the year, and out of the tournament, needing to pull off a run like last year. Hmm....

Most of all, I am ecstatic Sean Miller has to explain away another loss to Dana Altman!
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

bigsugarduck wrote:That was a great game to watch. Exciting/nutty finish. Cant say I've seen a series of events like that to end a basketball game. Oregon was very lucky (of course), but also Oregon has shown a knack for winning these grindy, close games (hello PP). Oregon is still no where near their potential in my opinion....that should be a major cause for optimism in March. Would not be surprised if they made the Elite 8 this year, going on a run, nor would I be surprised with a surprising, early loss, with luck running out.

Oregon is a handful of plays away from being 16-12 on the year, and out of the tournament, needing to pull off a run like last year. Hmm....

Most of all, I am ecstatic Sean Miller has to explain away another loss to Dana Altman!
Honestly, without Pritchard this team is decidedly below average. Maybe even borderline dysfunctional. I don't doubt that Will Richardson can dish out some assists... he's got huge upside. But for huge chunks of play Pritchard is barking at them to run basic set plays and pick up guys on defense. I thought Joseph Young was the most valuable player I'd seen to a single Duck season. That senior season he had for us was nuts. Pritchard probably passed him the last year and a half of Duck's BB.
The entire program probably falls apart without him over that time span. And it's funny, because I always figured PP as never living up to his potential or having a limited ceiling. But you could easily pick him for the Wooden Award. He's got a great case this year.
Last edited by mattc94 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Take a bow Payton Pritchard!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

That was one of the most entertaining games of the year

Crazy finish. Two missed FTs in Reg and OT by Arizona were killer for them.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

mattc94 wrote:UA was 10/21 fro the free throw line. We don't look so bad now! Amazing game from Payton but we wouldn't have won that without Juison. For that four plus minutes he turned into the inside scoring force we've needed all year. And I think Altman may have had it with Dante. Don't think I've ever heard him drop as many hints about a player to the media ever. Could be just challenging him as well. But Duarte is out there playing with a broken finger on his shooting hand and I saw him crashing into multiple players with no care to his body.
What did Altman say about Dante? I missed it.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

RanDux wrote:
Lazy slacker?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

nogerO wrote:
RanDux wrote:
Lazy slacker?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34428
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

The more I think about this game. We won because we hit FTs, Arizona lost because they didn't.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13