MBB: #14 Oregon @ Arizona State (Thur 6 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

oregonpride
Two Star Recruit

Re: MBB: #14 Oregon @ Arizona State (Thur 6 PM ESPN)

Post by oregonpride »

Pritchard is ok
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

oregonpride wrote:Pritchard is ok
thank you
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Pritchard has finally found the range this half. It's keeping Oregon within striking distance. They now need to stay close to ASU's shooters and actually get some others to hit their FGs and FTs.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Pritchard with 4 fouls now. He needs to stay in this game for the Ducks to win.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

That's like the 3rd or 4th time Duarte, Patterson, and Richardson have lost control while maneuvering in traffic.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Bad move by Pritchard to reach in on that. Such a dumb play by him.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Game was over once Pritchard was gone. It's amazing at how few players Oregon has that can actually create their own shot without Pritchard on the floor.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

The 2 "offensive fouls" on Pritchard were absolutely atrocious officiating. The last one was on him entirely on that reach.

Bottom line is we need to play better on offense on the road. Altman is going to have to figure that out.

Thought Okoro had some nice offensive rebounds tonight and Patterson played hard.

Those are the positives for tonight.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Could we have one big to work well underneath?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon needs to get their guards to quit turning the ball over on simple behind-the-back dribbles and spin moves. Happens way too often this late in the season. They've also got to find a way to get better starts on the road as it seems they don't know how to get motivated until they get behind.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Just hoping they hang on to a top 4 seed in the pac-12. Good news is the last 3 games are at home. They have trouble shooting on the road for whatever reason. Missed a lot of open shots. Duarte clearly is still affected by the pinky. Couple of awful calls on Pritchard put them in a bad spot. Also a lot of bounces went ASU’s way. What can ya do.

I will say that I’ve never understood the hype Remy Martin gets from announcers. I think his game is fairly garbage. He takes a lot of terrible shots, and he’s not a good shooter to begin with. Just not a good decision maker.
Last edited by droop10 on Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

droop10 wrote:Just hoping they hang on to a top 4 seed in the pac-12. Good news is the last 3 games are at home. They have trouble shooting on the road for whatever reason. Missed a lot of open shots. Duarte clearly is still affected by the pinky. Couple of awful calls on Pritchard put them in a bad spot. Also a lot of bounces went ASU’s way. What can ya do. I will say that I’ve never understood the hype Remy Martin gets from announcers. I think his game is fairly garbage. He takes a lot of terrible shots, and he’s not a good shooter to begin with. Just not a good decision maker.
Yeah, don't see it in Martin, his pass out of bounds at the end of the game and it sure wasn't him tonight. Edwards, 5-9 on 3's, 9-15 overall.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Merganzer wrote:
droop10 wrote:Just hoping they hang on to a top 4 seed in the pac-12. Good news is the last 3 games are at home. They have trouble shooting on the road for whatever reason. Missed a lot of open shots. Duarte clearly is still affected by the pinky. Couple of awful calls on Pritchard put them in a bad spot. Also a lot of bounces went ASU’s way. What can ya do. I will say that I’ve never understood the hype Remy Martin gets from announcers. I think his game is fairly garbage. He takes a lot of terrible shots, and he’s not a good shooter to begin with. Just not a good decision maker.
Yeah, don't see it in Martin, his pass out of bounds at the end of the game and it sure wasn't him tonight. Edwards, 5-9 on 3's, 9-15 overall.
Anytime Pritchard has made a few buckets in a row the last few years, it was a guarantee that Martin would run down the floor, not look for his teammates and take some awful 3. He wants so badly to be the hero. In games against Oregon I’ve generally felt he hurts ASU more than he helps them. The summary of how tonight went is that awful 3 pointer he shot that banked in.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

GrantDuck wrote:
oregonpride wrote:How is this team incapable of playing good b-ball outside at Matthew Knights arena ?! Don’t get it
Because we don't have anyone on offense that consistently goes to the hoop and draws fouls or scores inside. We shoot well at home, but don't on the road outside of the Michigan game.

Dante is cleared to play but continues to say he's "not ready".
Source please? If so, what is his malfunction? He has to know that the Ducks need his presence in the paint. I am sure DA loathes wussies.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

I have grown kind of tired of watching the team this year. Just their level of play really lacks any consistency. The last Utah was one of the few times going into the second quarter where I thought they were firing on all cylinders. Altman really needed a lot of luck and chemistry to bring in a whole new team and he just hasn't had any. Whatever that "grit" is that causes a team to dig hard, the Ducks obviously lack it. Dont think this all on the players either because they are all in various stages of development Payton has to force a lot of things and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But I don't see this group going far in March.