MBB: Oregon State @ #14 Oregon (Thu 8 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

rockthief
Senior

Re: MBB: Oregon State @ #14 Oregon (Thu 8 PM ESPN2)

Post by rockthief »

greenyellow wrote:With ASU losing on a buzzer-beater to UCLA, Ducks are now tied for first place with the Bruins.
excellent :)
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Anyone have an idea how long Duarte is expected to be out of action?
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Great game. My favorite moment was Tinkle setting in behind Juiston and then flopping to try to draw the flagrant, and after the refs obliged by checking the video, they confer for several minutes and end up calling the flagrant on Tinkle instead. Ha!

I think some here are a bit hard on this team. Pritchard is a great veteran point guard, but really, the rest of the team has been cobbled together with a mix of veterans from smaller schools and really raw freshmen. This isn't the same combo of talent and experience we had a few years ago on the final four team. The talented guys don't have experience, and the experienced guys don't have the talent. It's still possible to see some last-minute improvement: Duarte might come back, Dante might get more up to speed, Lawson, Walker and Okoro might be able to improve enough to give the Ducks a better presence in the front court. Really though, that's a lot of ifs. Right now, this looks like a team that took advantage of their veteran guards early in the year to pick up some quality wins, but haven't improved enough to be dangerous in March. Basically the opposite of last year, where they had the momentum at the end of the season, but not the resume.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

This team. every time someone comes back, someone else goes out. :lol:

hopefully Duarte can come back at some point in March for us. Pinky surgery timeline is 3-6 weeks.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

gogreen55 wrote:Anyone have an idea how long Duarte is expected to be out of action?
Dev K. Mishra, M.D.

President, Sideline Sports Doc

Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Stanford University

Key Points:

Most finger fractures can be treated without surgery, in a cast or splint, with typical 3 to 6 week healing times
Some finger fractures are rotated, unstable, or extend to the joint surface. These will sometimes require surgery in order to ensure proper hand function.
Fractures treated surgically will also typically require 3 to 6 weeks recovery time, but in some special instances return to play after surgery can be as fast as 2 weeks
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

GrantDuck wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:Anyone have an idea how long Duarte is expected to be out of action?
Dev K. Mishra, M.D.

President, Sideline Sports Doc

Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, Stanford University

Key Points:

Most finger fractures can be treated without surgery, in a cast or splint, with typical 3 to 6 week healing times
Some finger fractures are rotated, unstable, or extend to the joint surface. These will sometimes require surgery in order to ensure proper hand function.
Fractures treated surgically will also typically require 3 to 6 weeks recovery time, but in some special instances return to play after surgery can be as fast as 2 weeks
The first round of the NCAA Tournament starts on March 19 & 20. Based on the above info, that seems like the most semi-realistic/optimistic target for his return.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

My guess is that is the thought around the surgery, that if the healing goes well we can still get him back healthy for the NCAA Tournament.

Unlikely we have him in Vegas, but as long as we make the semis of the Pac-12 tournament, it's not going to affect our seed significantly.(maybe the difference between a 3 and a 4 seed).
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Thankfully osu was so bad we finally got a cw win.
Pritchard's era was looking dismal there.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/0 ... nship.html
Oregon players could hardly believe their ears.
Two days off if we beat Oregon State? That was a promise earlier this week from coach Dana Altman.
“Yeah, they’re pretty excited about that,” Altman said. “I threatened them. We win, we got Friday and Saturday off. If we didn’t, we were practicing. Got to motivate some way. So they don’t have to see me for two days and they’re pretty fired up about that.”
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Merganzer wrote:https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/0 ... nship.html
Two days off if we beat Oregon State? That was a promise earlier this week from coach Dana Altman.
“Yeah, they’re pretty excited about that,” Altman said. “I threatened them. We win, we got Friday and Saturday off. If we didn’t, we were practicing. Got to motivate some way. So they don’t have to see me for two days and they’re pretty fired up about that.”
That does sound encouraging, I hope Altman and the players figure it out!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Merganzer wrote:https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/0 ... nship.html
If Graves tried that and Oregon won, Sabrina would still show up to the gym and practice.