Potential MBB transfer additions

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Re: Potential MBB transfer additions

Post by woundedknees »

I heard a Pritchard interview after the Cousey announcement.

He stated ALL of the guys are currently talking of returning for next season.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

The Ducks landed UNLV grad tansfer PG Amauri Hardy on Sunday. Guess he'll split time with Will Richardson.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

His brother Jaden Hardy is a 5 star 2021 recruit.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jaden-Hardy-46049474/
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Unless there's a transfer, it looks like Oregon is full for next season. Here's what the roster looks like for next season:
PG: Richardson/Hardy/Terry
SG: Duarte/Patterson
SF: Williams Jr/Wur
PF: Omoruyi/Walker/Lawson
C: Dante/Okoro
Sit-out transfer: Estrada

While they don't have an obvious all-conference player like Pritchard, they'll be a deep, experienced team. They'll have great post depth, especially if Dante stays and Okoro/Walker/Lawson all keep improving. They've got a lot of versatility at the guard and wing spots. I suspect they'll initially start Richardson, Duarte, and Williams Jr but if necessary, Altman could start Hardy at SG, slide Duarte over to SF, and bring Williams Jr off the bench.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

mattc94 wrote: The Ducks landed UNLV grad tansfer PG Amauri Hardy on Sunday. Guess he'll split time with Will Richardson.
Sweet!! Another guard.

Hardy puts up good numbers, but his shooting percentages aren't very good.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
mattc94 wrote: The Ducks landed UNLV grad tansfer PG Amauri Hardy on Sunday. Guess he'll split time with Will Richardson.
Sweet!! Another guard.

From what I can gather from UNLV fans: Very one hand dominant, bad handles but can score, not really good at switching directions and a decent passer when given the opportunity. But the chances of his starting over Richardson or maybe even Jalen Terry aren't great. My guess is that Altman wants a bigger guard rotation like the one he had during at Final Four push. Having three point guards isn't a bad thing. Esp when you combine them with so many lineup combinations. I also think this has something to do with his brother Jaden Hardy being the top shooting guard in the country. Altman is doing a full court press after last year's lackluster recruiting tesults. And doing all he can to land Hardy and Bittle. Hell. He's been recruiting Bittle round the clock for a couple of years now anyway.
Last edited by mattc94 on Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

That's a big, physical, experienced team.

Question to me will be on the offensive end who our go to players are. Richardson is the obvious one. He has to take that next step to be the guy.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Does anyone have information on Johnson? I saw on another board that he was ending his mission early and joining the team. If that rumor is true, then we have 14 players right now. Anyone know what the situation is?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Sweet!! Another guard.

Elijah Brown syndrome
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Sweet!! Another guard.

Elijah Brown syndrome
Been watching some of his games on Youtube. And while he can shoot at will like Brown, I don't think he'll ever play enough to really get exposed. Bring him off the bench and use him off screens and for his mid range junper. And I think he'll be fine.
(Boy. I hope he doesn't take on the kind of unconvincing self assured bravado that Brown had.) Don't think I ever saw a guy get that worked up over averaging 13 points a game. It was like a kid beaming from ear to ear because he learned to play "chopsticks" on the piano.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Obi Toppin's brother cut his final list to three and we were on it. Ducks are kind of full up but I guess if he is sitting a next year it wouldn't matter. Got to think that might have been before Hardy committed? He hasn't exactly lit it up at Rhode Island.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Yes. This is strange. Even if a player sits a year, they still count against the scholarship limit. Considering we currently have 14 players for 13 spots and will still appear to be considering other players, that indicates that at least 2 players are not coming back.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

northbeachsf wrote:Yes. This is strange. Even if a player sits a year, they still count against the scholarship limit. Considering we currently have 14 players for 13 spots and will still appear to be considering other players, that indicates that at least 2 players are not coming back.
Yeah. Honestly don't know. But at this point I am not giving it too much consideration. Either Altman made an offer that he Toppin mistook as still being open or Altman feels that defection is still possible and Topin is a player worth taking a risk on. Kentucky is interested in him so he must have a projectable skill sete that Altman and Calipari see it. I mean. His brother was NPOY.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Is there a grayshirt option?
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Toppin committed to Kentucky. Looks like we're set.