Rebecca Lobo: Oregon WBB had ‘team of destiny’ vibe

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Merganzer
Senior

Rebecca Lobo: Oregon WBB had ‘team of destiny’ vibe

Post by Merganzer »

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/0 ... -vibe.html

Rebecca Lobo isn’t sure who would’ve won the most likely hypothetical national championship between Oregon and South Carolina that was among the lost potential matchups in the canceled NCAA Tournament, but the Hall of Famer knows the Ducks had an unmatched “it” factor.
Asked if she had a feeling on who would’ve won between the top-ranked Gamecocks and the Sabrina Ionescu-led Ducks, who finished No. 2 in the polls, Lobo initially sidestepped the what-if scenario that seemed set for a collision course at the Women’s Final Four.
“Who knows,” Lobo said. "I covered Oregon a lot this year and I saw them play their last game in the Pac-12 Tournament. They were so good on the offensive end. They were improved defensively. I felt when I was around them – certain years you’re around teams and you feel like they might be a team of destiny and they had that kind of a vibe to them.
“They had Sabrina. No one else had Sabrina. That’s not to take anything away from South Carolina, because they’re an amazing team and they could’ve obviously won the national championship. It just felt to me that there was something about Oregon this year and their ability to score and to have the leader in Sabrina just is a difference-maker and Oregon’s the team who had her.”