Will the Woman's Basketball team ever get back to the top?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: Will the Woman's Basketball team ever get back to the to

Post by bigsugarduck »

duck023 wrote:Thanks for all the great answers. I'm excited to see what they can do. The one thing I'm a little worried about is Graves has this super nonchalant attitude and Sabrina was the fire of that team. Graves always tries to take the pressure off his team by saying things like "we haven't done anything yet."(he said that two years ago when they were the 2 seed) However, it worked with Sabrina because it motivated her to prove him wrong. However with a bunch of freshman I hope that he can set high expectations for them. A team full of freshmen isn't going to handle downplaying them in the same way.
I forget the exact feat, but Graves is the only coach to bring two squads to the elite 8 as double digit seeds (or something like that). I dont think you can non-nonchalantly do that. I dont think motivation is a weakness for The Graves Coaching staff.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
panamaslim
Two Star Recruit

Post by panamaslim »

This doesn't quite fit the thread, but for those who don't follow Graves' twitter feed there's a good video interview with incoming Miss Kentucky baller Maddie Scherr. She seems quite the goal oriented gal. Don't think she'd play for a lackadaisical staff.

Have wondered how she says her name: turns out it's "sheer".
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

panamaslim wrote:This doesn't quite fit the thread, but for those who don't follow Graves' twitter feed there's a good video interview with incoming Miss Kentucky baller Maddie Scherr. She seems quite the goal oriented gal. Don't think she'd play for a lackadaisical staff.

Have wondered how she says her name: turns out it's "sheer".
Ionescu is pretty goal oriented also.