O-Ducks WNBA Status/Updates

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

O-Ducks WNBA Status/Updates

Post by Duck07 »

The GOAT's about to tip-off against Seattle on ESPN in her debut at 9AM.
Duck07
All-American

Re: O-Ducks WNBA Status/Updates

Post by Duck07 »

4 Pts, 5 Rbs, 1 TO after 1Q.

And they said she'd struggle to get boards next level...
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

I don't get it...Sabrina is not their lead point guard? Absurd. Sabrina's greatness is wasted as lightly used off-guard...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

bigsugarduck wrote:I don't get it...Sabrina is not their lead point guard? Absurd. Sabrina's greatness is wasted as lightly used off-guard...
She has been but Seattle is giving her the Lillard treatment at times and sending double teams the moment she crosses mid-court.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

6 Pts, 6 Rbs, 2 Ast, 2 TO in her 1st half against the best squad playing her pretty aggressively. She might break the Trip-Doub career record in the Bubble this year (the record is 2)
DCfeatherbutt
One Star Recruit

Post by DCfeatherbutt »

I really want to believe that Sabrina will change the WNBA game. That game was brutal to watch. Seattle is the pre-season favorite? OK.

I will watch every time SI is playing. By the end of the year I’d bet everything I have that she WILL be Queen Sh*t of Crap Island. We are going to miss her.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Something to keep in mind. At Oregon, Sabrina was surrounded by talent and there were other great players that couldn't be ignored either. In NY, that's not the case, so she's going to see a lot of double teams this year. Hopefully they'll be able to help her out in the next 1-2 drafts, as well as free agency, potential trades, etc, but she's going to get a lot of attention this year from opposing teams.

She's still destined to be a star in this league. It'll just be easier when she gets a bit more help, that's all.

My two bits.
John 3:36
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

First pro game. Big spotlight. Even the greats have those "butterfly" games. Not too bad all in all. Needs some talent around her. She'll be a star in that league...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Honestly outside of not shooting well there wasn't anything to complain about and her rebounding was a big positive since it was thought she wouldn't see the same numbers. The beaver haters are out in full effect but easily the best team in the league used the Lillard strategy against her to try and take her out of the game entirely. Sue Bird ain't gonna let Sabrina come in and take her career mantle away from her even though Sabrina is going to destroy her Rookie numbers.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Sabrina vs Satou tomorrow at 5
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

thomas time wrote:Sabrina vs Satou tomorrow at 5

TV?
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

CBSSN
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Dallas wins 93-80 Sabrina 33 pts, 7 rebs and 7 assists while going 6-10 on 3s. Satou 12 pts, 4 rebs and 2 blocks. Sabrina was back to looking like herself, as bad as shot first game she was that hot tonight.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

She would have had a double double, at least, but her team mates had hands of stone and problems making layups. They also play horrible defense. The good news is so many of them are rookies they are bound to get better. If they don't I could see Sabrina leading the league in scoring while they end up with only a handful of wins.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

GrandpaDuck wrote:She would have had a double double, at least, but her team mates had hands of stone and problems making layups. They also play horrible defense. The good news is so many of them are rookies they are bound to get better. If they don't I could see Sabrina leading the league in scoring while they end up with only a handful of wins.
I read a story where Sab said when she got to Oregon she had to hit people in the head with passes repeatedly until they figured out to keep their head on a swivel when she had the ball. Said she's probably going to have to condition her current team mates the same way. :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine