QUACK! Bittle commits to Oregon

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Re: QUACK! Bittle commits to Oregon

Post by woundedknees »

Duck07 wrote:
Everythingsducky wrote:He has unorthodox form on his jumper/set shot, but whatever works, I guess.
I imagine his release point will get higher as guys "karl malone" him in practice for keeping it low. I noticed he doesn't have that problem when shooting over average size and skill level Oregon high school players.
FIFY
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

Looks like he has good hands and runs the court well. The low release could be a strength issue.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

mattc94 wrote:
RanDux wrote:
mattc94 wrote:Interested to see he how me matches up with Isaac Johnson. (who looks like he's put on some weight in Instagram posts.) Both those guys when their frames get bigger should give us some nasty low post work that we haven't had in forever. Since we are always going for shot blockers or stretch 4s at the those positions.
Who is Isaac Johnson?
Top 50 player from Utah we signed in 2018 that's gone on a Mormon mission for two years. We'll enroll for the 2021 season. But who knows. Maybe Dante will still be around then.

I thought they called the missionaries back due to covid? Isn't that why our OL came back a year early?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck wrote:
mattc94 wrote:
RanDux wrote:
mattc94 wrote:Interested to see he how me matches up with Isaac Johnson. (who looks like he's put on some weight in Instagram posts.) Both those guys when their frames get bigger should give us some nasty low post work that we haven't had in forever. Since we are always going for shot blockers or stretch 4s at the those positions.
Who is Isaac Johnson?
Top 50 player from Utah we signed in 2018 that's gone on a Mormon mission for two years. We'll enroll for the 2021 season. But who knows. Maybe Dante will still be around then.

I thought they called the missionaries back due to covid? Isn't that why our OL came back a year early?
They were all called back but we haven't heard anything about Johnson coming in this year so either he's still doing something related to his LDS mission or is just following his original plan of not enrolling until 2021.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Youtube has a ton of videos from this fall/winter of prolific prep playing in bubble environments. (Amazing they can figure this out for HS kids, but the NCAA can't). The clips are of full games so you see the good and bad plays.

Bittle starts all the games for them. He plays on the wing quite a bit. It's AAU so there's a lot of moments where he's wide open off a pick and pop and teammates go AND1 and chuck something bad up. That said, you get a really good understanding of why he's a 5* player in terms of movement and skill. The most impressive play might have been on defense, where he hedged on a screen and then got back into the paint for a physical rebound over 2 guys that had position due to his hedge..but just the foot speed to get back down for the rebound was really impressive for his size.

Clearly needs a ton of strength and balance development and as some others have mentioned, his release point needs cleaning up. (not sure if that will happen in his likely 1 year at Oregon, maybe 2?).

That said, yeah, deserving 5* because there's only a handful of kids in the world with that size, speed, and touch. His footspeed is what really stood out to me.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

There's full games on there, but here's a short clip where Nate's playing well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2vtltbsneI

7'6" wingspan and damn near hits his head on the rim.