WBB: #7 Oregon @ Washington State (Mon 11 AM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

WBB: #7 Oregon @ Washington State (Mon 11 AM Pac-12 Network)

Post by greenyellow »

DEC 21 (MON) 11:00 AM
WASHINGTON STATE
PULLMAN, WA
TV: PAC-12 NETWORK
nogerO
Senior

Re: WBB: Washington State @ #7 Oregon (Mon 11 AM Pac-12 Netw

Post by nogerO »

greenyellow wrote:DEC 21 (MON) 11:00 AM
WASHINGTON STATE
EUGENE, OR
Aren't both the games this weekend in the state of Washington? https://goducks.com/sports/womens-basketball/schedule
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
RanDux
Senior

Re: WBB: Washington State @ #7 Oregon (Mon 11 AM Pac-12 Netw

Post by RanDux »

nogerO wrote:
greenyellow wrote:DEC 21 (MON) 11:00 AM
WASHINGTON STATE
EUGENE, OR
Aren't both the games this weekend in the state of Washington? https://goducks.com/sports/womens-basketball/schedule
Yeah the game is actually in Pullman.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: WBB: #7 Oregon @ Washington State (Mon 11 AM Pac-12 Netw

Post by GrandpaDuck »

WSU beat OSU by 6 on Saturday and have played well above pre-season expectations.

Away games can be dangerous. Hopefully the shooters that were cold at UW will be on this game, but if they aren't I think they'll get a quick hook.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

GrandpaDuck wrote:WSU beat OSU by 6 on Saturday and have played well above pre-season expectations.

Away games can be dangerous. Hopefully the shooters that were cold at UW will be on this game, but if they aren't I think they'll get a quick hook.
To your point, sure was a good thing to see Sydney Parrish finally break out of her slump. Good for Graves to have options when some of our players are having a poor shooting night.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Boley 5-5 from 3point line. She basically wins the game for us. Wazzu was leading almost all game until last couple minutes.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Boley 5-5 from 3point line. She basically wins the game for us. Wazzu was leading almost all game until last couple minutes.
Both her and Sabally. Boley was very active. Sabally was a beast down low. Can you imagine her on last year's team?
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Boley 5-5 from 3point line. She basically wins the game for us. Wazzu was leading almost all game until last couple minutes.
Where you at NogerO? :roll:

Can you imagine if Boley was "yanked" as he keeps rattlin' on about?
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

WSU a much better team than they're ranking (lack of) shows. Easily a top 20 team. Beat washington soundly, thumped Idaho, beat OSU soundly, and nearly knocked off the #8 team in the country. Hats off.
panamaslim
Two Star Recruit

Post by panamaslim »

Was that WSU I was watching? Obviously well-coached, spread the offence well getting easy baskets down low, and harassing defense. They are a team to be reckoned with. Lucky to escape with a win. We learned a lot from that skirmish. Finally know what it takes to beat a good team on the road. Let's hope it carries over.
Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Bighonkingduck »

bigsugarduck wrote:
Where you at NogerO? :roll:

Can you imagine if Boley was "yanked" as he keeps rattlin' on about?

Crickets from Nogero of course!
Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Bighonkingduck »

StevensTechU wrote:WSU a much better team than they're ranking (lack of) shows. Easily a top 20 team. Beat washington soundly, thumped Idaho, beat OSU soundly, and nearly knocked off the #8 team in the country. Hats off.
I wouldn't say they beat OSU soundly tho they dominated first half. Osu was up 4 late then went dormant last few minutes.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Yeah, I'm not sure the Ducks pull that one out without the fortunate bank in 3 by Jaz Shelley down the stretch. The Ducks were on the wrong side of one of those lucky bank ins last season (the loss at ASU)....much nicer to be on this side of it. In the long run, win or lose, it was probably good for this team to have to learn to play under pressure at the end of a close game. Learning while escaping with a 'W' makes it all the better. Hopefully there is an even greater focus on limiting turnovers when they return from their break, since a team like UCLA will really test us in that regard.

Again, we will be much better once Prince gets back up to speed. Sabally is ahead of expectations at this point, while Prince (for a variety of reasons) is behind expectations. At this moment, we aren't really getting much more production out of Prince than you would out of Giomi in the same minutes.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

The team definitely showed some of their inexperience tonight with all these turnovers (hoping it cleans up by the meat of the season).
But also showed their talent and how it can pull them through.

Nyara Sabally is so impressive. She reminds me of a former football player, Royce Freeman, in how they both bully the opposition with power no matter how many bodies are on them.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

shoparound wrote:The team definitely showed some of their inexperience tonight with all these turnovers (hoping it cleans up by the meat of the season).
But also showed their talent and how it can pull them through.

Nyara Sabally is so impressive. She reminds me of a former football player, Royce Freeman, in how they both bully the opposition with power no matter how many bodies are on them.
Ha, not sure I would make that comparison, but point taken! I was actually thinking she is more like Shaq, in that she is shockingly nimble and athletic for her size and power, which = dominance (when she wants)
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."