N'Faly Dante Tears ACL per OLive

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

N'Faly Dante Tears ACL per OLive

Post by ducks5ever »

Ouch, this hurts. He was such a presence in the interior.
greenyellow

Re: Dante N'Faly Tears ACL per OLive

Post by greenyellow »

That really sucks. May force Kepnang into playing more than they planned.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

WOW, That's a bummer....Dante just can't catch a break. I felt really good about the team come March, but not so much now... :roll:
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Also, what is the deal with top-end Oregon Post players? So many injuries in recent years...They have been snake-bitten repeatedly... :roll:
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

It sucks. But kind of had a premonition Dante was injury prone. Blazer fans have that. Anyway. Think he can be ready for minutes against UCLA or Cal?
greenyellow

Re: N'Faly Dante Tears ACL per OLive

Post by greenyellow »

Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Devastating. This team could have been special.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

We lost Boucher and went to the Final Four. Dont give up yet guys. We still need to get Richardson back and just added some depth at front court.
OG Duck
Two Star Recruit

Post by OG Duck »

Awful news. Time for Lawson to step up. Hopefully Kepnang can contribute at least a little bit this season.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

mattc94 wrote:We lost Boucher and went to the Final Four. Dont give up yet guys. We still need to get Richardson back and just added some depth at front court.
That team had multiple guys that were 6-9 or above.

This team will be really competitive. Hopefully Franck Kepnang shows up and surprises.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Boom wrote:
mattc94 wrote:We lost Boucher and went to the Final Four. Dont give up yet guys. We still need to get Richardson back and just added some depth at front court.

This team will be really competitive. Hopefully Franck Kepnang shows up and surprises.
I'm not worried. It's a small ball lineup but we have some great, physical athletic wings in Figueroa and Williams Jr. And Omoruyi is a friggin' tank! If Lawson, Wur & Kepnang can develop during eague play... the Ducks should be fine.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

2020 sucks!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

mattc94 wrote:
Boom wrote:

I'm not worried. It's a small ball lineup but we have some great, physical athletic wings in Figueroa and Williams Jr. And Omoruyi is a friggin' tank! If Lawson, Wur & Kepnang can develop during eague play... the Ducks should be fine.
I brought up in another thread how much this team reminded me of a scrappy mid-major team that tears it up in the Tourney, but with better length and athleticism. Well the length went down a bit, but the other attributes are still there. Still excited to see what they can do in March.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

For basketball, it's just quite common these days for young big men to have leg injuries as their bodies develop. Kansas had Embiid go down for example and then Azubuike in years they were both contenders. Duke had Giles, #1 recruit, same thing happened.

The Boucher one..just the timing of it and it was like, barely a tap when he went down was kinda fluky...but I don't think we're particularly "snake bit" in men's hoops, it's just the nature of young big men and staying healthy these days.

Now, with football and ACL injuries, we've been snake bit.

As for Dante in particular, I feel for him, because just like last year, right when he's getting in shape, something happens. I really hope he can come back and play for us next year(although he may still try and go pro, depending). The kid and where he's from, he really deserves a shot at it and I think if he plays 1 healthy year with us, he can still be a first round pick.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Boom wrote:

Who was 6-9 or above on that team? Jordan bell?