WBB: #11 Oregon vs #1 Stanford (Fri 11:30 AM Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

WBB: #11 Oregon vs #1 Stanford (Fri 11:30 AM Pac-12 Net)

Post by greenyellow »

JAN 8 (FRI) 11:30 AM
STANFORD
SANTA CRUZ, CA
TV: PAC-12 NETWORK
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: WBB: #11 Oregon vs #1 Stanford (Fri 11:30 AM Pac-12 Net)

Post by bigsugarduck »

greenyellow wrote:JAN 8 (FRI) 11:30 AM
STANFORD
SANTA CRUZ, CA
Well....Thankfully I have a very Flexible schedule, but a before Noon game with two of the top teams in the country?

Fail..
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

bigsugarduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:JAN 8 (FRI) 11:30 AM
STANFORD
SANTA CRUZ, CA
Well....Thankfully I have a very Flexible schedule, but a before Noon game with two of the top teams in the country?

Fail..
Maybe they want family's to be able to watch? It kinda cracked me up when the men's game went from 8 to 2. Now everyone who works can't watch it.

Anyway if Oregon pulls this off, it would be amazing.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Hopefully the ladies put up a good fight. Very young team but very talented. Dugalic is coming around nicely. Any word on Sedona?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Game of the year in the conference and they get an 1130 start, LMAO at Larry Scott. Leave already
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

This could be big depending on who is missing.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Great fight at the end!
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Watched the recording. Good game but Stanford is a bit ahead of the Ducks at this point.

Oregon is a tough team to coach this year at this point. Anyone of 9 players might be hot or cold and it seems to rotate each game. Getting 10 inexperienced players to play cohesively in different rotations is going to take a little time. With experience we can hopefully get more consistency and steady play.

I think Graves is still playing the long game. He said he was going to trim the rotation but he still hasn't at this point and for a good reason. The freshmen are still finding themselves and flashing their potential. We'll probably see smaller rotations in the second half of the schedule.

Without Prince, Sabally needs more help on the frontline than Boley and Mikesell can provide against teams like UCLA and Stanford. Definitely more Dugalic and maybe some more Watson than playing Boley and Mikesell together against those type of teams.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Watched the recording. Good game but Stanford is a bit ahead of the Ducks at this point.

Oregon is a tough team to coach this year at this point. Anyone of 9 players might be hot or cold and it seems to rotate each game. Getting 10 inexperienced players to play cohesively in different rotations is going to take a little time. With experience we can hopefully get more consistency and steady play.

I think Graves is still playing the long game. He said he was going to trim the rotation but he still hasn't at this point and for a good reason. The freshmen are still finding themselves and flashing their potential. We'll probably see smaller rotations in the second half of the schedule.

Without Prince, Sabally needs more help on the frontline than Boley and Mikesell can provide against teams like UCLA and Stanford. Definitely more Dugalic and maybe some more Watson than playing Boley and Mikesell together against those type of teams.
Both Boley and Mikesell haven’t been able to hit a timely three the last few games. Mikesell especially is a liability if she isn’t making her shots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

duckduckgoose wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:Watched the recording. Good game but Stanford is a bit ahead of the Ducks at this point.

Both Boley and Mikesell haven’t been able to hit a timely three the last few games. Mikesell especially is a liability if she isn’t making her shots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agreed, if you look at just the conference game stats, particularly on a per minute basis, Parrish is way ahead of Mikesell on virtually every stat. Scoring, rebounding, steals, blocks and shooting percentage all favor the frosh. Parrish needs more minutes as does Dugalic who leads the team in rebounds per minute and its not even close.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Just watched the game for the first time and I was so pissed at the absolutely horrible refs. The Pac-12 has a lot of problems and one of the most glaring is the incompetent refereeing in the women’s games. Glorified high school refs and not very good. Oregon got mugged for most of the game and home court advantage was never more obvious. The woman ref at the end of the game signaling traveling way after the final horn went off perfectly summed it up. INCOMPETENT! This team will beat Stanford the next time they play.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

nogerO wrote:Just watched the game for the first time and I was so pissed at the absolutely horrible refs. The Pac-12 has a lot of problems and one of the most glaring is the incompetent refereeing in the women’s games. Glorified high school refs and not very good. Oregon got mugged for most of the game and home court advantage was never more obvious. The woman ref at the end of the game signaling traveling way after the final horn went off perfectly summed it up. INCOMPETENT! This team will beat Stanford the next time they play.
I'm an Oregon Fan that sees everything through Green tinted glasses, and I'm trying not to get worked up over things outside of my control. Whenever Oregon loses, I blame the refs :roll: but yet again there was some terrible calls that majorly influenced the game.

Even though Boley gets some flack from time to time on here, she was having a very good game and then a couple asinine calls against her and she has 4 fouls in the 3rd, and then Oregon loses touch for about 10 minutes. The foul calls against Boley were egregious.

Sabally also got abused repeatedly when driving to the hoop and got a total of two FTs all game...

Oregon Fouls 17 (2.5x fouls :roll: )
Stanford Fouls 7 (fewest fouls all season, and 3 less than any other pac-12 opponent :evil: )

The refs literally gave Stanford this one....With an evenly called game, Oregon (w/ only 4 of 5 starters) is on Par with the #1 team in the nation...Can't wait to play them in 2 months.

Oregon could realistically go 0-2 against Stanford, but finishing 2-1 against them is totally possible as well.
Last edited by bigsugarduck on Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

GrandpaDuck wrote: Agreed, if you look at just the conference game stats, particularly on a per minute basis, Parrish is way ahead of Mikesell on virtually every stat. Scoring, rebounding, steals, blocks and shooting percentage all favor the frosh. Parrish needs more minutes as does Dugalic who leads the team in rebounds per minute and its not even close.
Not sure if Parrish is the answer to start in Mikesell's place, but someone needs to take her minutes I agree. She may be a good spot up shooter, but she takes a few bad, off balance, shots a game. No matter how good you are, passing to your teammates for an in rhythm shot is way better then what I'm seeing out of Mikesell at this point. She looks to be the weakest defender on the team, and misses too many drives to the bucket. Count me as a proponent of Chavez in Mikesell's spot/minutes, with Miksell coming in with the 2nd unit. Chavez is the best combination of Shooting, passing, defense, and intangibles on the team..
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

bigsugarduck wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote: Agreed, if you look at just the conference game stats, particularly on a per minute basis, Parrish is way ahead of Mikesell on virtually every stat. Scoring, rebounding, steals, blocks and shooting percentage all favor the frosh. Parrish needs more minutes as does Dugalic who leads the team in rebounds per minute and its not even close.
Not sure if Parrish is the answer to start in Mikesell's place, but someone needs to take her minutes I agree. She may be a good spot up shooter, but she takes a few bad, off balance, shots a game. No matter how good you are, passing to your teammates for an in rhythm shot is way better then what I'm seeing out of Mikesell at this point. She looks to be the weakest defender on the team, and misses too many drives to the bucket. Count me as a proponent of Chavez in Mikesell's spot/minutes, with Miksell coming in with the 2nd unit. Chavez is the best combination of Shooting, passing, defense, and intangibles on the team..
Chavez would be my choice too for the reasons you mentioned. I like Mikesell and Parish in the second unit to give that unit more offense and outside shooting, particularity if that unit includes Dugalic and Watson. Two 3 point bombers to draw the offense out and let the two big girls have space to operate inside. They need space because their inside offense comes from quickness and going around their defenders not over them.

When Chavez came in for Mikesell after she got hurt the first play of the Cal game that unit rocked until Sabally's quick fouls and Chavez was the spark plug to it. Still Parish needs more than 13 minutes in the total formula.