WBB: #11 Oregon vs Cal (Sun 1 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

WBB: #11 Oregon vs Cal (Sun 1 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by greenyellow »

JAN 10 (SUN) 1 PM
CAL
BERKELEY, CA
TV: PAC-12 NETWORK
nogerO
Senior

Re: WBB: #11 Oregon vs Cal (Sun 1 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by nogerO »

Wonder which one of the fab 5 steps up today? Should be a good game to get “well”. Go Ducks!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I'll be watching to see if Dugalic and Parrish get more than 15 minutes this game.

In conference play Dugalic leads the team in rebounds per minute by quite a bit.

Against Stanford, Parrish put up 14 points, 2 rebounds, 1 block and 3 steals in 13 minutes without a turnover.

Graves in his post game news conference indicated that he noticed Parrish's performance so we'll see if that reflects in more minutes this game.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

The refs seem to hate Nyara. Two games in a row she’s gotten a couple ticky-tack fouls and has to sit. It’s ok when Prince is there, but we lose so much size when she has to sit.
Watson and Dugalic have both played well in the first quarter though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

I don't know how much you can take away from this game since Cal is totally incompetent. Not much different than playing against air half the time. Good for everyone's confidence though, if nothing else.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Used to be that Cal was a really good team but ever since they're former coach left to be an assistant coach with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

gogreen55 wrote:I don't know how much you can take away from this game since Cal is totally incompetent. Not much different than playing against air half the time. Good for everyone's confidence though, if nothing else.
Take from it what you will:

Oregon beat Cal by 59
Stanford beat Cal by 45
Arizona beat Cal by 36
UCLA beat Cal by 34
Washington beat Cal by 27
ASU beat Cal by 3
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."