WBB: #10 Oregon vs #11 Arizona (Thu 4 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

WBB: #10 Oregon vs #11 Arizona (Thu 4 PM ESPN)

Post by greenyellow »

JAN 14 (THU) 4 PM
ARIZONA
TUCSON, AZ
TV: ESPN
nogerO
Senior

Re: WBB: #10 Oregon vs #11 Arizona (Thu 4 PM ESPN)

Post by nogerO »

I think the ladies will win this one, maybe easier than some expect. Any news on Sedona other than day to day, month to month? Dugalic and Watson are giving good production without Prince, but sure hope she gets back to playing soon. Nice to have someone 6' 7" in the middle.
Go Ducks!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

nogerO wrote:I think the ladies will win this one, maybe easier than some expect. Any news on Sedona other than day to day, month to month? Dugalic and Watson are giving good production without Prince, but sure hope she gets back to playing soon. Nice to have someone 6' 7" in the middle.
Go Ducks!
Count me as Optimistic on this one too.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Looking forward to the game.

Not sure I'm sad or glad that this will be the last year of watching McDonald. Seeing what she does at her size is entertaining and our record against her is good, but still she is scary to face.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

nogerO wrote:I think the ladies will win this one, maybe easier than some expect. Any news on Sedona other than day to day, month to month? Dugalic and Watson are giving good production without Prince, but sure hope she gets back to playing soon. Nice to have someone 6' 7" in the middle.
Go Ducks!
Did Graves jinx Sedona when he compared her to Bill Walton?
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

It's just as I thought. Graves without Sabrina is too nonchalant to compete with Stanford and the elite teams. I tried to stay optimistic but Oregon's best chance to win a national title was last season.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

bigsugarduck wrote:
Go Ducks!
Count me as Optimistic on this one too.
:lol: Whoops....
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

duck023 wrote:It's just as I thought. Graves without Sabrina is too nonchalant to compete with Stanford and the elite teams. I tried to stay optimistic but Oregon's best chance to win a national title was last season.
:lol: Whaa whaa whaa...I'm sorry, but are you suggesting Oregon is toast for the next decade or something? Yes, Oregon probably would have won the title last year, but they were never supposed to be strong title contenders this year, at least not this early. Contenders, yes, but it seems you are writing off a team that is still clearly finding their way. Kind of absurd. KG has suggested there would be struggles in the beginning, but they could be a top team by the end of it.

Oregon, one of the youngest teams in the Country, with oodles or new players, in a weird pandemic year, has only lost to top10 teams and you've given up on them? Okay....

Why don't you reserve your pissy judgment till the Pac-12 tourney at least?
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

bigsugarduck wrote:
duck023 wrote:It's just as I thought. Graves without Sabrina is too nonchalant to compete with Stanford and the elite teams. I tried to stay optimistic but Oregon's best chance to win a national title was last season.
:lol: Whaa whaa whaa...I'm sorry, but are you suggesting Oregon is toast for the next decade or something? Yes, Oregon probably would have won the title last year, but they were never supposed to be strong title contenders this year, at least not this early. Contenders, yes, but it seems you are writing off a team that is still clearly finding their way. Kind of absurd. KG has suggested there would be struggles in the beginning, but they could be a top team by the end of it.

Oregon, one of the youngest teams in the Country, with oodles or new players, in a weird pandemic year, has only lost to top10 teams and you've given up on them? Okay....

Why don't you reserve your pissy judgment till the Pac-12 tourney at least?
The funny thing is I'm not trying to start arguments with hopeless optimistic people because there are some other things I'd like to say. However people always attack me when I post negative things after a bad losing streak which I thought was allowed on sports forums. It depresses me when I see a team I like championship window closing. If I didn't see Graves bowing to Stanford the first without Sabrina when he won 3 Pac 12 titles in a row I wouldn't be worried.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

While I don't think the 'ship has sailed for the program, I am little worried that Stanford is collectively getting these top tier recruits.
While our is collective the #1 recruiting class this past year, we didn't have a top5 player?
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

shoparound wrote:While I don't think the 'ship has sailed for the program, I am little worried that Stanford is collectively getting these top tier recruits.
While our is collective the #1 recruiting class this past year, we didn't have a top5 player?
That is what I'm worried about. It seems like Stanford is getting all the great recruits. Also I looked up Kelly Graves elite 8 run at Gonzaga and I just realized the team he lost to was Stanford by 20 points. I'm wondering if there is a mental block with Stanford. Sabrina beat Stanford all the time but I'll tell you the first time Graves beats Stanford without Sabrina will be a huge relief to me.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

duck023 wrote:
shoparound wrote:While I don't think the 'ship has sailed for the program, I am little worried that Stanford is collectively getting these top tier recruits.
That is what I'm worried about. It seems like Stanford is getting all the great recruits. Also I looked up Kelly Graves elite 8 run at Gonzaga and I just realized the team he lost to was Stanford by 20 points. I'm wondering if there is a mental block with Stanford. Sabrina beat Stanford all the time but I'll tell you the first time Graves beats Stanford without Sabrina will be a huge relief to me.
:roll: You realize Gonzaga was a double digit seed when he took them on the elite-8 run right?....and that Graves is the only coach to accomplish such a run TWICE, right? And you complain that he lost to a far superior team that was expected to blow them out? Man, some people... :roll:

Look, it was Stanford with the top recruiting class in the country in 2019. Did they win the conference immediately? Of course not, with Oregon dominating (duh) and Freshmen needing time. Oregon signed the top class in 2020. Give them a year before you claim Stanford has Oregon's number or that Graves can't beat Tara...