I knew Graves was too nonchalant an this proves it

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck023
Four Star Recruit

I knew Graves was too nonchalant an this proves it

Post by duck023 »

Graves called Stanford the best team in the country which I though was funny because he has never called his own team the best in the country. Sabrina was the main coach last year and gave Oregon competitive fire. Then I see woman with smiles on their face down by 20 similar to the way Graves always smiles at everything. https://twitter.com/OregonWBB/status/13 ... 91/photo/1
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: I knew Graves was too nonchalant an this proves it

Post by bigsugarduck »

duck023 wrote:Graves called Stanford the best team in the country which I though was funny because he has never called his own team the best in the country. Sabrina was the main coach last year and gave Oregon competitive fire. Then I see woman with smiles on their face down by 20 similar to the way Graves always smiles at everything. https://twitter.com/OregonWBB/status/13 ... 91/photo/1
Smiles? What are you talking about? Huge over-reaction here....Graves may be avuncular, which is part of the appeal to top recruits, but he is also an imposing presence that still gets on his players. Hell he got a T in the game...

I get the frustration...That Arizona game was a wretched display of basketball. Worst I can imagine from an Oregon Woman's game since he's been coach. But if you think shooting below 30% and committing dozens of turnovers is all on Graves, I don't know what to tell you... :?
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

bigsugarduck wrote:
duck023 wrote:Graves called Stanford the best team in the country which I though was funny because he has never called his own team the best in the country. Sabrina was the main coach last year and gave Oregon competitive fire. Then I see woman with smiles on their face down by 20 similar to the way Graves always smiles at everything. https://twitter.com/OregonWBB/status/13 ... 91/photo/1
Smiles? What are you talking about? Huge over-reaction here....Graves may be avuncular, which is part of the appeal to top recruits, but he is also an imposing presence that still gets on his players. Hell he got a T in the game...

I get the frustration...That Arizona game was a wretched display of basketball. Worst I can imagine from an Oregon Woman's game since he's been coach. But if you think shooting below 30% and committing dozens of turnovers is all on Graves, I don't know what to tell you... :?
It just frustrates me how Oregon can't rebuild as quickly as many thought they would and Stanford has now overtaken the Pac 12 again and Graves is just fine with it. Stanford has out recruited him and now he wants to hype them up. He once said Oregon with Sabrina on the team haven't proved anything yet even though he was coaching that team but now he proclaims Stanford as the greatest ever after 1 game. I still have a lot of faith in these young woman to turn Oregon around but it worries me that Sabrina had the confidence to beat Stanford but Graves might not. I hope you are right though and Graves is the coach to help Oregon win championships in the future.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Quit overreacting so much. He's got a team that lost a lot of talented, once-in-a-generation type players and is in the process of getting this team to gel with transfers and a handful of returners. It's not like they're losing to bottom-feeders; they've lost to essentially three top-10 teams. He'll get them there but you've got to give it time.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Didn't we lose 3 starters that all ended up going in the top 8?

You should expect a team with lots of underclassmen to not be as good as last year.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

I just remember when posting a topic about how Oregon had their best chance at a national championship destroyed by the Covid thing. Everyone was telling me that Graves had a bunch of new talent that could still compete with Stanford and that the window wasn't closed yet. Now I'm hearing my own arguments about once in a lifetime players. When I'm talking National Championships I'm not talking about taking 2nd Place to Stanford. I've seen Oregon in the top 20 and lose to Stanford without Graves. Unless Graves wants to admit that Sabrina did most of the coaching I think he should have this team playing at a top 10 level. He shouldn't say one year that Oregon "hasn't proved anything yet" when Oregon just destroyed Stanford with Sabrina doing everything and then say "Stanford's the best team in the nation" after one close loss to Stanford without Sabrina.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

That being said I'm glad he signed an extension. Hopefully he can continue to recruit well and stop Stanford from reclaiming the Pac 12.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

duck023 wrote:I just remember when posting a topic about how Oregon had their best chance at a national championship destroyed by the Covid thing. Everyone was telling me that Graves had a bunch of new talent that could still compete with Stanford and that the window wasn't closed yet. Now I'm hearing my own arguments about once in a lifetime players. When I'm talking National Championships I'm not talking about taking 2nd Place to Stanford. I've seen Oregon in the top 20 and lose to Stanford without Graves. Unless Graves wants to admit that Sabrina did most of the coaching I think he should have this team playing at a top 10 level. He shouldn't say one year that Oregon "hasn't proved anything yet" when Oregon just destroyed Stanford with Sabrina doing everything and then say "Stanford's the best team in the nation" after one close loss to Stanford without Sabrina.
Dude. :? You are being completely unreasonable...

Even the most bullish of us still expected there to be some growing pains this season. The expectation being the team would gel by the end of the year, and hopefully compete with Stanford near the end. No reason this can't still happen. Oregon without Prince (expected all pac-12 payer), and without Chavez, played Stanford as good as anyone all year. Az was a stinker no doubt, but the team still absolutely flashes, they just need experience.

The stuff about Sabrina, Graves, and being at a top-10 level? :roll: All of that is not worth responding to. You just need to chill, let the growth happen, and come back to the party so you can eat your words when they drop Stanford in the Pac-12 Tourny... ;)
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

bigsugarduck wrote:
duck023 wrote:I just remember when posting a topic about how Oregon had their best chance at a national championship destroyed by the Covid thing. Everyone was telling me that Graves had a bunch of new talent that could still compete with Stanford and that the window wasn't closed yet. Now I'm hearing my own arguments about once in a lifetime players. When I'm talking National Championships I'm not talking about taking 2nd Place to Stanford. I've seen Oregon in the top 20 and lose to Stanford without Graves. Unless Graves wants to admit that Sabrina did most of the coaching I think he should have this team playing at a top 10 level. He shouldn't say one year that Oregon "hasn't proved anything yet" when Oregon just destroyed Stanford with Sabrina doing everything and then say "Stanford's the best team in the nation" after one close loss to Stanford without Sabrina.
Dude. :? You are being completely unreasonable...

Even the most bullish of us still expected there to be some growing pains this season. The expectation being the team would gel by the end of the year, and hopefully compete with Stanford near the end. No reason this can't still happen. Oregon without Prince (expected all pac-12 payer), and without Chavez, played Stanford as good as anyone all year. Az was a stinker no doubt, but the team still absolutely flashes, they just need experience.

The stuff about Sabrina, Graves, and being at a top-10 level? :roll: All of that is not worth responding to. You just need to chill, let the growth happen, and come back to the party so you can eat your words when they drop Stanford in the Pac-12 Tourny... ;)
Who wasted a resurrection spell on Hines?
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

I mean I'm as upset as anyone here about that game but I wouldn't close the door on this team. There's still pieces to the team that can explode to be competitive.
The last game just happens to be one of the worst games in possibly college basketball history. A lot to dissect that looked absolutely awful from the entire team. There's no fiery person that walk talk the talk and walk the walk right now. Even the players with the most swagger (sabally and prince) looked like JV middle school players that night. Did we break the record for the most turnovers in a game?
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

This post :lol: :lol: :lol:
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Hines is that you?
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

This is so nonsensical jfc.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

"Calm down Francis!"
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine