WBB NCAA R32: #6 Oregon vs #3 Georgia (Wed 12 PM ESPN2)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: WBB NCAA R32: #6 Oregon vs #3 Georgia (Wed 12 PM ESPN2)

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Shout out to Prince. Her best game and she played with an "I'm 6'7" attitude. That was great to see and we'll need that again next game.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Shout out to Prince. Her best game and she played with an "I'm 6'7" attitude. That was great to see and we'll need that again next game.
Ya she played great. We still turn it over too much on entry passes. Hard to watch sometimes!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Up next is Louisville who had a great comeback against Northwestern. Going to have to hit our shots and control the glass.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

So what happened to the point guard? I know she is injured but did they ever say what the injury was/is?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duckfan96 wrote:So what happened to the point guard? I know she is injured but did they ever say what the injury was/is?
Unspecified right foot injury is all that's been released.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:Shout out to Prince. Her best game and she played with an "I'm 6'7" attitude. That was great to see and we'll need that again next game.
Ya she played great. We still turn it over too much on entry passes. Hard to watch sometimes!
Nyara is the turnover machine in my books...She's so damn talented, yet so damn careless with the ball!
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Duck07 wrote:Up next is Louisville who had a great comeback against Northwestern. Going to have to hit our shots and control the glass.
Saw nothing from Louisville that suggests they are a superior team. Oregon has a very real shot in that one.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

I'm very impressed how good the young players are playing in this high pressured tournament. Maddie Scherr and Sydney Parrish have been solid.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

duck023 wrote:I'm very impressed how good the young players are playing in this high pressured tournament. Maddie Scherr and Sydney Parrish have been solid.
Really? You must have pretty low expectations. They have been an absolute disaster offensively. In the first two games, Scherr and Parrish are shooting a combined 1 for 15 from the floor. Let me repeat that....1 for freaking 15. Scherr looks lucky to hit the rim on any given shot, including this last game where I'm not sure she came within 5 feet of hitting the rim on multiple drives to the hoop. She also has more turnovers (9) than assists in the two tournament games. I'll give them credit for playing defense, hustling, etc., but it is bizarre to single them out as being impressive. There is no objective way to look at these numbers and be effusive with praise. Hopefully they actually deserve more praise next game.

Overall, the fab-five freshmen have been a huge disappointment this season. The only one that came close to living up to her ranking is no longer playing due to injury. Taylor Chavez has essentially been a no-show the entire season. Taylor Mikesell has been a far worse overall player than was expected heading into the season. The Oregon guard play has been simply terrible so far this tournament, with nothing underscoring that more than Scherr and Mikesell combining for 19 turnovers in two games. I highlight these negative things just to emphasize how miraculous it is the Ducks have made it to the Sweet 16.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Was really impressed with Prince. She was unstoppable. She was a beast!
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

bigsugarduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Nyara is the turnover machine in my books...She's so damn talented, yet so damn careless with the ball!
Well we have no choice, Nyara with as many times as she blows open looks, is the only one that can get the ball in the basket in most games. And yes she is a HUGE turnover machine. I think everyone just has to ignore it because she was the only decent scoring option.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

shoparound wrote:
bigsugarduck wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Well we have no choice, Nyara with as many times as she blows open looks, is the only one that can get the ball in the basket in most games. And yes she is a HUGE turnover machine. I think everyone just has to ignore it because she was the only decent scoring option.
I went back and looked at season stats and Nyara actually had a respectable shooting%, even with the high number of misses. Now if she slows down a bit, stops trying to Blitzkrieg the opponent, the turnovers will go away and she can reach Hebard levels of efficiency.