Placed a bet for Oregon to win the championship.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Placed a bet for Oregon to win the championship.

Post by bigsugarduck »

Got +3800 on moneyline (12th worst of the 16 remaining)

Do I think Oregon will win? Probably not.
Is Oregon undervalued to win it all. YES, severely perhaps (12th worst?!)

I made this bet because:
1) Does Altman strike out twice against a team in a season (re. USC)? Name a time this has happened since he showed up...
2) Gonzaga is the "OVERWHELMING Favorite" meaning they probably trip up and join the litany of other teams to suffer their first loss in the Tourney. Why not against Oregon?
3) Oregon's offense is'a'clicking! If Gonzaga is going to lose, it will be to a team that can outscore them....ehem, the Ducks...
4) Oregon has that grittiness to them, with hard nosed transfers, overlooked dudes, and a JC player with a chip on his shoulder...perfect for making a deep run.
5) I've watched most of the Ncaa tournament, and there is no team that looks head and shoulders better than Oregon. Get past Gonzaga and why not?!
6) One of these years Altman will catch lighting with a team and get all the way. Too much talent + Elite coaching.
7) Oregon played arguably their best game in 4 years against Iowa.
8) I'm super board!

Did I make a stupid bet? Go Ducks.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Phalanx
Senior

Re: Placed a bet for Oregon to win the championship.

Post by Phalanx »

I was going to write a post full of reasons why this isn't the Ducks' year, but then I realized you already made the bet, so I'll just wish you all the luck in the world and go Ducks!. If they win it all, which will likely involve beating three #1 seeds, our guys will have really earned their trophy.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Phalanx wrote:I was going to write a post full of reasons why this isn't the Ducks' year, but then I realized you already made the bet, so I'll just wish you all the luck in the world and go Ducks!. If they win it all, which will likely involve beating three #1 seeds, our guys will have really earned their trophy.
Nah, do it...You wont make me feel bad. My bet was mostly based on thinking they were undervalued at this stage. I'm very curious if anyone else agrees.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

You only made a bad bet if you bet an amount that you can't afford to lose. Assuming you didn't, well these games are about to get really exciting. Go Ducks.
Last edited by StevensTechU on Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

+3800 is about the odds the Cardinals and Panthers have to win the Super Bowl next year. I agree we're a bit undervalued when you put that in comparison.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I’m always tempted to be like $20 on Oregon winning the national championship, cause if I lose, oh well, it’s just $20, but with those odds, that’s not too bad of a payout. Depending on how much you bet I think that was a smart move.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Tray Dub wrote:+3800 is about the odds the Cardinals and Panthers have to win the Super Bowl next year. I agree we're a bit undervalued when you put that in comparison.
The odds are that high b/c they are in the same bracket as Gonzaga.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I placed a bet on Oregon to win the PAC12 in football the season the Ducks went 12-0... I only go +20.

Wish I had bet on the undefeated line. It was around +2500, IIRC.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!