Potential 2021-22 MBB roster additions

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Potential 2021-22 MBB roster additions

Post by greenyellow »

With the season concluded, Oregon will now go about filling out next season's roster with transfers, late 2021 signees, and reclassifiers. As it stands, the roster most likely looks like this:

PG: Will Richardson, Jalen Terry
SG: Eric Williams, Aaron Estrada
SF: Luk Wur, Johnathan Lawson
PF: Chandler Lawson, Nathan Bittle
C: N'Faly Dante, Franck Kepnang, Isaac Johnson

With normal attrition, we should probably expect a transfer or two, with Estrada and Wur the potential candidates. That leaves around 2-4 slots open. Here's a short rundown on some potential targets. https://247sports.com/player/tyty-washington-46057695
https://247sports.com/player/jaden-hardy-46049474
Phalanx
Senior

Re: Potential 2021-22 roster additions

Post by Phalanx »

Wow, surprised to see Stanley Umude on the list. I thought he was done with college by now. He does have at least a tangential connection to this area - he was born in Portland and his dad still lives here.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Another guy to keep an eye on but sounds like he may follow TJ Otzelberger again, this time to Iowa State.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

If Lawson starts over Bittle then either Lawson improves greatly or Bittle isn't as advertised. We do really need a solid SF though, and Timmy Allen would fill that role well if Jonhathan Lawson isn't ready yet.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life wrote:If Lawson starts over Bittle then either Lawson improves greatly or Bittle isn't as advertised. We do really need a solid SF though, and Timmy Allen would fill that role well if Jonhathan Lawson isn't ready yet.
I really just listed returners first before any of the new FR. It'd be shocking if Bittle didn't end up starting.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Wow Timmy Allen?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

I'd like another to see another SG (Amauri's brother would be ideal but look like he's going pro) and Nimari Burnett or James Young are likely transfers. I'd imagine Altman will try to get another slasher/defender at the wing like Figueroa. But that transfer just might not be out there. Also he mentioned about athletic rim protector like Bell/Wooten. (I imagine with all our post players that we have that covered?) But maybe an athletic hybrid 4/5 as well.

Great year and can't wait for next December!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phalanx wrote:Wow, surprised to see Stanley Umude on the list. I thought he was done with college by now. He does have at least a tangential connection to this area - he was born in Portland and his dad still lives here.
Umede might be my favorite guy on the transfer list so far, that’s be amazing!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Wow, surprised to see Stanley Umude on the list. I thought he was done with college by now. He does have at least a tangential connection to this area - he was born in Portland and his dad still lives here.
Is he good enough that his skills translate from the Summit League to the Pac-12? Not that I am hatin' or anything. But I don't know much about him.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Sounds like Arizona will be going after Umude so high-level P5 schools think his skills translate.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Honestly. If there is any transfer player who looks at Altman's record. I can't think there's a better coach known for turning transfers into near pro level players. Kazemi got drafted. Young was Pac-12 POY and drafted. Boucher is an NBA constant in Toronto. Duarte is a near lock to get drafted. Omoruyi was All Pac-12. Altman's coaching staff sees things in players and then coaches those traits out of them at the highest level. Gonzaga might have a better record at this kind of thing. But Altman is right there with them.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

The transfer portal now is making things friggin' bonkers. It was always hectic but now I'd hate to be a mid major coach taking calls from Power 5 coaches.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

mattc94 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Is he good enough that his skills translate from the Summit League to the Pac-12? Not that I am hatin' or anything. But I don't know much about him.
I think it's a fair question. They do play vs. major conference teams in the early part of the season. I happened across him in 2019 when the Coyotes were playing vs. the Huskies. The name Umude is not very common, and it turns out he is the son of an acquaintance of mine, who lives in Portland. Stanley went to high school in San Antonio though, so not sure how close he and his father are. Anyway, this tournament has certainly taught us that the gap between major college and minor ones isn't quite as big as we tend to think.