WBB Offseason Player movement (Shelly, Chavez, Mikesell)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Re: WBB Offseason Player movement (Jaz Shelly, Taylor Chavez

Post by DmoneyDuck »

We also were the beneficiary of an in-conference transfer two seasons ago when we recruited Minyon Moore from SC. It goes both ways. You can't be happy to accept incoming transfers and then get upset when a player leaves the program. It's just part of the game.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

DmoneyDuck wrote:We also were the beneficiary of an in-conference transfer two seasons ago when we recruited Minyon Moore from SC. It goes both ways. You can't be happy to accept incoming transfers and then get upset when a player leaves the program. It's just part of the game.
Yes, I can. I'm a sports fan and this is child's play compared to the hypocrisy I am truly capable of.

But in this case I hold nothing against her....yet. And sincerely wish her well.

I am fairly certain these transfers came after the end of the season review and expectations meetings with the coaches. Transfers can happen because or in spite of those meetings, but transfers right after them are fairly common.

I'm betting my 35 cents that we are not done with transfers in and out.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Chavez was absolutely worthless this past season. This isn't any sort of a loss at all if the level she played at this past season is the level she is going to play at moving forward. If this past season was just an aberration and she regains the form she had while playing alongside Sabrina, then obviously she will help Arizona.