Must-read Article on Phillipina Kyei

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

RanDux
Senior

Must-read Article on Phillipina Kyei

Post by RanDux »

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Ar ... 174968150/

Looks like Coach Graves plucked an under-the-radar gem, from Ghana, via Canada. Oh Canada! I am super excited to follow this young lady's career, and to continue to follow Oregon women's basketball!

Sedona Prince expects her to be one of the best players in program history. The future is bright for Oregon women's basketball! We may see an NCAA title yet!
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: Must-read Article on Phillipino Kyei

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I'm betting she leads the team in rebounds per minute this year. Shows good hands snaring rebounds. Certainly has an enormous ceiling and hints at big potential in both shot blocking and on offense too.

She has played just a fraction of the basketball that Stanford's Brink has but that is the type of presence I hope she develops next year. Great if it happened this year but that's unfair for some one so young and who has played so little organized ball.
nogerO
Senior

Re: Must-read Article on Phillipino Kyei

Post by nogerO »

RanDux wrote:https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Ar ... 174968150/

Looks like Coach Graves plucked an under-the-radar gem, from Ghana, via Canada. Oh Canada! I am super excited to follow this young lady's career, and to continue to follow Oregon women's basketball!

Sedona Prince expects her to be one of the best players in program history. The future is bright for Oregon women's basketball! We may see an NCAA title yet!

Just from memory here, but I think she had 10 boards and 6 or 8 points in like 14 minutes in the last game. Incredible numbers.

Edit- it was 10 defensive rebounds and 6 points, a block and an assist in 14 minutes...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
rockthief
Senior

Re: Must-read Article on Phillipina Kyei

Post by rockthief »

"She's got that Ruthie smile and tht Ruthie attitude". Thumbs up on that!
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Granted, only seen her twice now, but I've been totally impressed with her. :shock: She moves so well for her size! Seems to have great touch near the basket, and is an aggressive rebounder. Her talent, ability, and potential is so obvious. Not sure if I have been more optimistic, or bullish on a player so early.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

If you extrapolate her stats/minutes played to 25-30 minutes per game, it’s astonishing. Could we see her, Prince and Sabally all at once? Talk about intimidating, and there would be a huge advantage on the glass.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

nogerO wrote:If you extrapolate her stats/minutes played to 25-30 minutes per game, it’s astonishing. Could we see her, Prince and Sabally all at once? Talk about intimidating, and there would be a huge advantage on the glass.
I think the only way we'd see the 3 of them on the court at the same time is an end of half defensive situation where 1 of the bigs is on the ball for the inbounds pass. Plus, I think there is real value in letting her learn against 2nd units and with Coach KG's offensive system, we'd lack balance on the offensive end with those 3 on the court at once.

The future of Oregon WBB is very bright with all of these top-notch recruiting classes.