BYU vs #12 Oregon (Nov. 16, Tue 7 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: BYU vs #12 Oregon (Nov. 16, Tue 7 PM ESPN)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Can we just go home? That was one of the worst starts I’ve ever seen for DA, especially for how much talent we have.

It just shows we have a lot of good individual talent that doesn’t know how to play together yet. I’m not too worried, but hard to watch.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Can we just go home? That was one of the worst starts I’ve ever seen for DA, especially for how much talent we have.

It just shows we have a lot of good individual talent that doesn’t know how to play together yet. I’m not too worried, but hard to watch.
DA is a miracle worker, just wish he could get it going a little earlier in the year. These games cost us seeding in the tourney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

whosyourwally wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Can we just go home? That was one of the worst starts I’ve ever seen for DA, especially for how much talent we have.

DA is a miracle worker, just wish he could get it going a little earlier in the year. These games cost us seeding in the tourney.

Ya, true. Buy BYU may be a top 25 team so a loss to them on a neutral court isn’t a huge deal. We still have Baylor and hopefully a Maui Invitation game or two, to help get us a nice non-conference win or two.

Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Nobody can guard Barcello. Hasn’t missed a shot, getting what he wants. If the Ducks need to be told to cover the hot shooter…
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Just a bad game. s*** happens. BYU can’t miss and Oregon is coming up short on almost every shot. Young singlehandedly taking them out of this game. Missed easy lay-in, turnover, missed 3, and getting burnt multiple times on consecutive possessions. Rough night, but nothing to worry about.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Barcello 8 for 8
Oregon 8 for 33

Haha ESPN just showed that stat. Yikes!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I don’t know why Bittle and Johnson aren’t in this game by now. Let them get some experience against good teams.

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Bittle's in and is hustling at least
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tray Dub wrote:Bittle's in and is hustling at least
I think you mean Johnson. Bittle hasn’t played yet.

Down 29, Young just got rim-checked on an open dunk. This is one to forget.

Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Tray Dub wrote:Bittle's in and is hustling at least
Nope, it’s Johnson.

To be determined if the Ducks have a killer this year, like a Pritchard, Dillon Brooks, or Duarte. Will someone step up? Those guys always played like they refused to lose.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon tends to have a game or two like this every season so I'm not too worried. I'm sure Altman will use this game and film to get the team working hard heading into the Maui Invitational. They get to play Chaminade first so that's a nice tune-up game for either St. Mary's/Notre Dame.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

greenyellow wrote:Oregon tends to have a game or two like this every season so I'm not too worried. I'm sure Altman will use this game and film to get the team working hard heading into the Maui Invitational. They get to play Chaminade first so that's a nice tune-up game for either St. Mary's/Notre Dame.
I’m sick of BYU owning the PAC this year. Football, now basketball.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

What in the world. I wasn’t able to watch and thought for sure the final score was a typo… yikes.

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Why do I seem to end up with altitude headaches every time the Ducks play in Utah or Colorado?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Flush that one.

Offensively, and I'm sure Dana will say this, this is about as bad as I can remember our ball movement at Oregon. Everyone was trying to go 1 on 1 driving the whole game.

Defensively, losing #13 as often as we did was a real head scratcher, considering he's their only big scoring threat. BYU played a bit above their heads on that end, but it happens.

In terms of talent, "small ball" isn't going to work this year like it did last year. Duarte/Omoruyi are better than anyone on our team this year. We have to get Dante/Bittle/Kepnang/Johnson all playing regularly, or at LEAST 2 of them. Altman needs to go to it sooner rather than waiting too long with small ball, because we don't have the talent for it this year and we DO have big men. Guerrier at the 5 isn't going to work, period.

The only real "disappointment" as a player was Will Richardson. He's experienced and there's no excuse for him to play that poorly as the team's leader.