BYU vs #12 Oregon (Nov. 16, Tue 7 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrantDuck
Senior

Re: BYU vs #12 Oregon (Nov. 16, Tue 7 PM ESPN)

Post by GrantDuck »

Also, Kepnang might have worse hands than Flo Hartenstein and Jay Anderson.

How can you not catch a fucking ball with hands that big?!?!
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Wow, that was tough to watch. Was at the game and there was just no energy in the team. So many lackadaisical shots around the basket, seemed they just weren't interested in playing. Left with 10 minutes to go. Glad we did as it only got worse.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Dana shouldered a lot of the blame for the performance last night. There's going to be 3 days of hard work before they head off to Las Vegas for the Maui Invitational.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

So it seems we have one of these type of games early each year. The thought occurred to me that maybe Altman kind of likes a game like this where he lets all the egos do what they want. You know one guy dribbles around and then attacks the rim with 2 or three defenders and throws up some prayer waiting for the refs to bail him out. No assist and everyone else standing around watching. One assist in 20 minutes? Rat ball at its finest. The good news is now he can play back the video and point all this out. Play as a team, run your offense, play defense like your hair is on fire and FFS, rebound!!!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

To me that was the worst game in Altman’s career. Yes usually Altman’s teams have a really bad game or two but that was extra bad. I struggle to see a reliable leader on this team, someone that can score when things are going rough. Richardson has the skill and talent to do that but he’s just not an alpha personality, he’s been timid his entire career in big games.

The guard play was so concerning. They have tunnel vision when they drove to the hoop. Dante could’ve had 20+ points from easy dunks if the guards just kept their heads up, cause BYU lacked a quality big man and they kept cheating over when Oregon guards drove but they never noticed a wide open Dante for an easy dunk. In the second half Richardson drove and fed it to Dante for a really easy dunk and after that it opened the lane a bit more for the wings. Like I said Richardson has the skill but not the attitude personality to be the leader this team needs.