MBB: Chaminade v #12 Oregon (Nov. 22, Mon 6 PM ESPNU)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

MBB: Chaminade v #12 Oregon (Nov. 22, Mon 6 PM ESPNU)

Post by greenyellow »

NOV. 22 (MON) 6 PM
MAUI INVITATIONAL
CHAMINADE
LAS VEGAS, NV
TV: ESPNU
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: MBB: Chaminade v #12 Oregon (Nov. 22, Mon 6 PM ESPNU)

Post by StevensTechU »

Oregon dropped completely out of the AP top 25, which surprises me. They laid an egg against BYU and it's early, but did not expect that.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I wonder if the whole team having tinnitus will effect them. Can only imagine what a week locked up with the less "soft" Coach A was like.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

StevensTechU wrote:Oregon dropped completely out of the AP top 25, which surprises me. They laid an egg against BYU and it's early, but did not expect that.
I really don't get how voters thought they needed to drop Oregon 24 spots in the poll after one bad game.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I love Kepnang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoDucks7
One Star Recruit

Post by GoDucks7 »

I'm not sure you can justify this team being top 25, maybe not even top 50. Very one dimensional on offense and very poor on the defensive end.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Just wtf am I watching on offense against Chaminade?
GoDucks7
One Star Recruit

Post by GoDucks7 »

All they do is swing the ball around the 3 point line, eventually dribble the ball inside and pick up the dribble then toss it out and do it all over again. Spacing looks awful and we never give any of the big men a chance to try to score. If the 3 ball isn't dropping we are an awful offensive team.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

GoDucks7 wrote:I'm not sure you can justify this team being top 25, maybe not even top 50. Very one dimensional on offense and very poor on the defensive end.
:lol: That’s an incredible overreaction. They’re still gelling and it’ll probably take some time before they iron it out, but they have top 10 talent. They’ll be fine. Personally, I think it’s the deepest team Altman has ever had. They’re just all figuring out their roles right now.
GoDucks7
One Star Recruit

Post by GoDucks7 »

I'm talking about right now. Doesn't mean they can't be a top 10 team by the time March rolls around but I'm not sure how you could comfortably say that they are a top 25-50 team. Got absolutely blown out by BYU and Chaminade is playing them way tougher than they should. I understand that they new teams with new players need time to gel but they don't hit a lot of shots, don't box out and rebound well and play poor individual defense. Not sure what that has to do with gelling..
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

GoDucks7 wrote:I'm talking about right now. Doesn't mean they can't be a top 10 team by the time March rolls around but I'm not sure how you could comfortably say that they are a top 25-50 team. Got absolutely blown out by BYU and Chaminade is playing them way tougher than they should. I understand that they new teams with new players need time to gel but they don't hit a lot of shots, don't box out and rebound well and play poor individual defense. Not sure what that has to do with gelling..
Ehh…you are wrong. They’ve played 3 games, perhaps 2 against tourney teams…Oregon blowing out Chaminade by 22. Plenty to get better at, but you are OFF.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

GoDucks7 wrote:I'm talking about right now. Doesn't mean they can't be a top 10 team by the time March rolls around but I'm not sure how you could comfortably say that they are a top 25-50 team. Got absolutely blown out by BYU and Chaminade is playing them way tougher than they should. I understand that they new teams with new players need time to gel but they don't hit a lot of shots, don't box out and rebound well and play poor individual defense. Not sure what that has to do with gelling..
I would argue that outside of BYU the defense hasn’t been that bad, but it will continue to improve as they get set rotations and play with each other more and defensive rotations become more fluid. The press always gets better as the year goes on. Shots will start going in as ball movement gets better and they get better shots. This comes with better understanding of the offense and familiarity with the guys you’re playing with. I also think rebounding will improve significantly as their big guys get more PT. They’re playing a pretty small lineup for quite a few minutes right now. I expect Dante to actually be starting and Bittle to see more time as the season goes on. It’s crazy to think how deep the bench could be this season.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

I’m most concerned about Richardson. Back to back no-show games. He certainly isn’t a killer, and he has gone into his shell on occasion over the years. He is supposed to be the leader of this team. Ducks in trouble if they can’t depend on the one major holdover, and pre-season All-PAC12 player. He needs to pull his head out of his*ss and get it going. Literally disappeared the last two games.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

It's almost impossible to think Richardson won't snap out of it. Young and Harmon have shown flashes of what they can be. Soares looks like he doesn't want to be overly assertive but the guy can clearly play. My only question mark is whether Guerrier can adequately fill Omoruyi's shoes.

This team looks out of sync but few teams aren't jealous of our talent level. In Altman we trust.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

After that game against SMU, it looked like we were going to turn the corner early. But I guess not. I typical Altman fashion, we will drop some janxy non-conference games, then hit our stride in Jan - Feb. not concerned at all yet.