WBB: @ University Of Portland 12/4 6PM

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrandpaDuck
Senior

WBB: @ University Of Portland 12/4 6PM

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Online @ https://wccsports.com/watch/?sid=473486

Maybe one of the Injured big 3 will be be back.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: WBB: @ University Of Portland 12/4 6PM

Post by GrandpaDuck »

None of the injured players back but Parrish has scored 18 of Oregon's 31 points in the first half and they lead by 6. She is the only one doing much. Lucy Cochraine the 6'6" Aussie who played her freshmen year at Oregon has been big for Portland in keeping them close.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

thankyou
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Prince and Parrish stepped up in the second half and built up a big enough cushion to survive Portland's comeback. Parrish was 10-14 for 24 points mostly from the arc.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

I've always like Parrish because she is an Indiana girl that chose Oregon over Indiana(who has a solid program). However this was the game that showed I might not be completely biased and I might be factually right about how skilled this woman is. One of the few bright spots this year.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

duck023 wrote:I've always like Parrish because she is an Indiana girl that chose Oregon over Indiana(who has a solid program). However this was the game that showed I might not be completely biased and I might be factually right about how skilled this woman is. One of the few bright spots this year.
Parrish, Watson and Scheer have all had a game or 2 where they look like a young 5 star, then they usually fall back to what they are struggling with the next few games. Parrish her 3 point accuracy, Scheer making any kind of shot at all and a slew of bad turnovers, Watson not taking enough shots.

Against U of P though they almost lost the game when Scheer fouled out because without her they didn't have any ball handlers who could handle the Pilots very good press. Maybe when Rogers or PaoPao come back she wont have all the ball handling responsibilities and maybe make some shots.

I'm just hoping this game by Parrish is the ice breaker on her shooting. She plays hard and is a much better than expected defender. Really a solid all around player who just has struggled with what was supposed to be her greatest skill. This monster game has her season 3 point percentage in a good place, hope it's now the norm.