Ducks 88, Cal 53

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Ducks 88, Cal 53

Post by nogerO »

Women with hot shooting and Parrish 21, PaoPao 21 and Sabally 11&9 playing well win easily. Where was Prince. Hurt again?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: Ducks 88, Cal 53

Post by GrandpaDuck »

nogerO wrote:Women with hot shooting and Parrish 21, PaoPao 21 and Sabally 11&9 playing well win easily. Where was Prince. Hurt again?
She wasn't with the team this weekend. Very very likely Covid protocols.

Paopao is back. Big progression in each of her 3 games back from injury, her third game her outside shot returned to complement her penetration and mid range. The Cal game was the best they have played all year.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

Parrish is great and she has been a huge bright spot for this team. It's nice to know that Uconn and Louisville aren't the only ones that can recruit a highly talented blonde.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

duck023 wrote:Parrish is great and she has been a huge bright spot for this team. It's nice to know that Uconn and Louisville aren't the only ones that can recruit a highly talented blonde.
Any player can use blonde hair dye. Are you trolling on that?

Parrish is showing her potential. With the 2 players who will lead the team in 3 point attempts in conference play out with injury she was key to the teams success. 5-1 when she scored in double figures, 3-4 when she scored less then 10. The bad, she is 2-4 scoring in double figures against likely tournament teams. All that though is out the window. With the big 3 back, as soon as Prince returns, Parrish and/or Scheer's minutes will be going down as will their significance in the teams success. If Parrish can shoot like she did against Cal she'd be a valuable weapon down the road, otherwise the coach prefers Scheer's total game and Sidney will see the drop in minutes, barring further injuries and illness.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
duck023 wrote:Parrish is great and she has been a huge bright spot for this team. It's nice to know that Uconn and Louisville aren't the only ones that can recruit a highly talented blonde.

Parrish is showing her potential. With the 2 players who will lead the team in 3 point attempts in conference play out with injury she was key to the teams success. 5-1 when she scored in double figures, 3-4 when she scored less then 10. The bad, she is 2-4 scoring in double figures against likely tournament teams. All that though is out the window. With the big 3 back, as soon as Prince returns, Parrish and/or Scheer's minutes will be going down as will their significance in the teams success. If Parrish can shoot like she did against Cal she'd be a valuable weapon down the road, otherwise the coach prefers Scheer's total game and Sidney will see the drop in minutes, barring further injuries and illness.
I guess you'd have to understand my thinking to understand my joke. A couple of years ago I was sort of disappointed that Oregon struck out with both Paige Buekers and Hailey Van Lith who look eerily similar. So, I remember trying to cheer myself up by saying well Oregon still had a great recruiting class and maybe Syndey Parrish will be Oregon's Haily or Paige because she was Oregon's highest recruit and also looked like them. I also like the fact that Syndey is an Indiana girl.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

duck023 wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:

I guess you'd have to understand my thinking to understand my joke. A couple of years ago I was sort of disappointed that Oregon struck out with both Paige Buekers and Hailey Van Lith who look eerily similar. So, I remember trying to cheer myself up by saying well Oregon still had a great recruiting class and maybe Syndey Parrish will be Oregon's Haily or Paige because she was Oregon's highest recruit and also looked like them. I also like the fact that Syndey is an Indiana girl.
Parrish is a SF SG, the only person that will get in the way of her playing the whole game is Endyia Rodgers who I also like a lot. Pao Pao and Prince are completely different positions. I also said that if Maddie was the blonde that ended up being like Hailey or Paige then I'd be cool with that but Maddie hasn't performed as well as Parrish this season or last season and if Graves hasn't figured that out it only makes me worried about Graves.