Softball Super Regional (#12 UCLA @ #5 Oregon)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

gogreen55
Senior

Re: Softball Super Regional (#12 UCLA @ #5 Oregon)

Post by gogreen55 »

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Choke job for sure, sad to see it end like that. Maybe they got overconfident?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I wouldn't call it a choke job, one run lead is nothing. Megan pitched well all game and then gave up a homer, tough loss, but not a choke IMO. Offense was off for sure, Cherdian did well for the most part. I know people have said Cheridan been the problem before, which I disagreed with then and today wasn't her fault. Costa making that terrible throw, she should've thrown it to second to begin with. Disappointing day, UCLA just had Oregon number this year. That pitcher who pitched most of the second game tonight, shut them down in the regular season too.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Our team just blinked once more than UCLA did. A couple of mistakes and no WCWS. Heartbreaking.
You got to think if only she Kleist could get that pitch back.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

FIRE MIKE WHITE

(Would be the response if football)
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

thomas time wrote:I wouldn't call it a choke job, one run lead is nothing. Megan pitched well all game and then gave up a homer, tough loss, but not a choke IMO. Offense was off for sure, Cherdian did well for the most part. I know people have said Cheridan been the problem before, which I disagreed with then and today wasn't her fault. Costa making that terrible throw, she should've thrown it to second to begin with. Disappointing day, UCLA just had Oregon number this year. That pitcher who pitched most of the second game tonight, shut them down in the regular season too.
The choke job is about the offense not the defense/pitching. I don't know if it's lack of adjustments or what, but it's what they run into each year.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

disappointing, obviously. but ucla beat us 4 of 6 times this year, so it's not like it was a fluke. hats off to them.
ImageImageImageImageImage