World Series Semifinal #1: Oregon vs Oklahoma (Sun 12:30 PM)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: World Series Semifinal #1: Oregon vs Oklahoma (Sun 12:30

Post by oregontrack »

ah well. made it to the Final Four in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year. can't complain.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

The ump made a bad call, but it should have been in our favor. Easy throw and we have an out instead of a foul ball. The ump didn't really hurt us, poor play did.
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

Yep, that and the baffling decision to go home by Udria hurt us big.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Oregon 2
Oklahoma 0
Umps 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't get it. On that Okie bunt which was clearly foul, the home plate up was giving the wave off/foul sign. Guess he remembers 2006.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

It was a combination of the umpire error, the bad throw to first, then the mental error to throw home from shortstop. Each of those mistakes individually might have been okay, but all in the same inning and with the Sooners capitalizing on the opportunity = season over.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Tray Dub wrote:It was a combination of the umpire error, the bad throw to first, then the mental error to throw home from shortstop. Each of those mistakes individually might have been okay, but all in the same inning and with the Sooners capitalizing on the opportunity = season over.
Had the umpire not rushed to make the call before Svekas even touched it, that play never happens and maybe neither does 4 runs. Oh well, next year may be a better opportunity. Depending on recruiting. Great year ladies!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

tough way to lose, the future is bright with their two hottest hitters Freshman and all three pitchers returning for at least two more years.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Terrible call on the "fair ball" on ok bunt...... but it's part of the game, great Ducks sports and until next year.
UofDuck
Senior

World Series Semifinal #1: Oregon vs Oklahoma (Sun 12:30 PM)

Post by UofDuck »

If Track finishes strong, we'd have to be up there in the -all sports combined - Capital Cup, or whatever that thing is called?
Last edited by UofDuck on Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Tough way to go out, was looking promising at 2-0. What a fun season though and super proud of this team! GO DUCKS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

a 2018 primer:

of our every day players, we only lose ss nikki udria and rf danica mercado. i don't say "only" to diminish what they brought -- udria has arguably been our best player the last two years, and mercado's speed at the top of the line-up was instrumental in transforming this team from a power-heavy offense in 2016 to a speed-oriented offense in 2017. both will be missed.

but we do bring back everybody else. lilly, svekis, and lindvall will be seniors. neither lilly nor lindvall had their best years at the plate in 2017, hopefully we can count on big bounce-back seasons from both. mack will be a junior, and should take over the lead-off spot from mercado. rhodoes and camuso will be sophomores. that's six spots that are pretty much locked up prior to fall ball. returnees utecht, bishop, and elish will all likely compete for open spots along with this year's incoming class, ranked #8 in the nation (the highest ranking among teams that signed four players or less): c/of mary iakopo (#8 overall recruit), of laurne burke (#18 overall recruit, from marist high), utility shaye bowden (#23 recruit), and 1b/p olivia kinsey (#40 recruit).

in the circle, kleist, balint, and elish are all back. if a change is going to be made (and i don't really see it happening), it would be turning one of the three into a closer, kind of like what oklahoma had yesterday. but i think white likes what he's got. elish splits time as the dp on offense sometimes.

around the pac-12, we're going to pack the top 10 again. just as we return our pitching staff, ucla brings back rachel garcia, washington brings back taran alvelo, and utah brings back miranda viramontes. arizona graduates their top pitcher, but they do bring back their #2 who's also very good. everybody in this conference reloads with great recruiting classes.
ImageImageImageImageImage
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Great season, looking forward to next year.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Thanks for the primer, oregontrack. Sadly, I also assuage myself after falling short yet again by reminding myself that the Huskies also didn't advance any further.