SB C Iakopo transfers

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Re: SB C Iakopo transfers

Post by AshlandDuck »

Duck07 wrote: Well that is a weird analogy because the players apparently were all dating the same guy, is what you're trying to say? I tend not to go the perverted route and think of it as a coach at a university taking a move to get paid more by another university and the players who enjoyed playing for said coach prefer what they know with him than the unknown of a new coach.

We have a Midwestern Coach acclimating to the West Coast, let's make sure we over react to every last thing before the games have been played and she's had a full year.
The players were all recruited by the same guy, yes. The analogy is fitting for each individual relationship between player and coach. I had a coach quit on us a week before my senior season started in HS. I had a great relationship with him, but I felt like he sabotaged us in the end. I'm sure he had his reasons, but that didn't change the fact that our team was left in disarray and our season ended up being a disaster.

I don't think this has been the best example of a coach acclimating to the West Coast. In fact, I'm pretty sure the opposite of acclimation is what has taken place.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

As expected, she's headed to Texas. Can only imagine how all the remaining players down there feel with White's former players showing up.
racerx5908
High School Drop Out

Post by racerx5908 »

Wow, ummm, Longhorn fan here. I thought that when she came for a visit and left that she was going elsewhere and not Texas. But now four players transferring in?

Facts on our side.

We have a junior catcher who is good, but was better when she was a freshman. The problem with our ex-coach Connie Clark was that we would find these
amazing freshmen who had an outstanding first year and they would get WORSE as they got older. Yes, all coaching (or lack thereof). So our junior catcher was a hitting machine as a freshman
and she's been in a 1.5 year slump. Hopefully MW can wake up her bat.

Also, MW pulled the scholarship offer from a catcher that Connie had recruited. Suddenly, she announced she was signing with LSU after years of Texas pictures
in her twitter feed. Connie had her faults, but one thing she could do was identify good catchers (and then subsequently ruin them).

So......Mike pulls the scholarship from a 2019-2020 catcher and.....in comes Iakopo? Mmmm, okay.