Softball picks up a pitching transfer from A&M

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Softball picks up a pitching transfer from A&M

Post by oregontrack »

Maddie MacGrandle, sophomore-to-be from A&M. Went 5-1 w/ a 2.60 ERA. Made 7 starts in the non-con portion of the season for the Aggies, but it doesn't look like she registered an inning after March 15.
ImageImageImageImageImage
greenyellow

Re: Softball picks up a pitching transfer from A&M

Post by greenyellow »

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

good to see getting some transfers after all the one's that have left, especially getting pitchers
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Rather easy choice if you are looking for playing time.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Wouldn't be surprised to see them pick up another pitcher since it seems Lombardi has always had around 4-5 pitchers on her rosters at Oklahoma. Also sounds as if there'll be an incoming catching transfer announced soon.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

She does seem to have more upside than the other transfer from VT. Her HS credentials seem to be good. Obviously we won't be able to get anything like we lost. She might help us with power hitting. I don't see a lot, other than maybe Utecht. Most important, she wants to be here and play for ML. Most important statistic; her name begins with an M. Miranda, Megan, Maggie last year. Maggie, Maddie, (Jordan?)this year. Next year we add Makenna K(She's #31 overall, but isn't she #3or4 pitcher). A lot of question marks, but this team could still be good.
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

This is the corpus maximus type of pitcher that I'm used to seeing pitch for Oklahoma. I'd like to say Oregon is becoming Oklahoma lite, but that just isn't appropriate.
coastduck
One Star Recruit

Post by coastduck »

AshlandDuck wrote:This is the corpus maximus type of pitcher that I'm used to seeing pitch for Oklahoma. I'd like to say Oregon is becoming Oklahoma lite, but that just isn't appropriate.

That was my thought exactly. Not exactly the same type of athlete that was recruited under White.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

greenyellow wrote:Wouldn't be surprised to see them pick up another pitcher since it seems Lombardi has always had around 4-5 pitchers on her rosters at Oklahoma. Also sounds as if there'll be an incoming catching transfer announced soon.
That's 3 so far for this year. Next year we add Makenna. Her and Maggie would likely be projected to be starters. Also, Ariel Carlson is listed as an infielder, but was also a talented pitcher. Could give some help in relief if needed. I think ML is putting together a team that will be competitive. We will finish between 4-6 in PAC-12 this year and be contenders next year.