St. Pete/Clearwater Elite Invitational (Feb 15-16)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Re: St. Pete/Clearwater Elite Invitational (Feb 15-16)

Post by nogerO »

duck58 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Saw some people on a softball forum downplaying Oregon's win by saying the Ducks were facing LSU's #2 and 3 pitcher, not their ace. Don't know if that's the case but Oregon still limited what was supposed to be a potent LSU offense and got to LSU's pitchers enough to win.
So! They saved their ace to go against Texas. So they are saying LSU's #2 and #3 aren't good. While the Ducks most likely won't be world beaters this year, we do have some talent and will do better than most think.
Also, LSU would rather lose to us and beat Texas. Also LSU is my favorite SEC team.
LSU folks, and eSECpn people in general, really love to make excuses when their perceived “superior” sports teams s*** the bed. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

nogerO wrote:
duck58 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Saw some people on a softball forum downplaying Oregon's win by saying the Ducks were facing LSU's #2 and 3 pitcher, not their ace. Don't know if that's the case but Oregon still limited what was supposed to be a potent LSU offense and got to LSU's pitchers enough to win.
So! They saved their ace to go against Texas. So they are saying LSU's #2 and #3 aren't good. While the Ducks most likely won't be world beaters this year, we do have some talent and will do better than most think.
Also, LSU would rather lose to us and beat Texas. Also LSU is my favorite SEC team.
LSU folks, and eSECpn people in general, really love to make excuses when their perceived “superior” sports teams s*** the bed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ain't that the truth! Although LSU is my favorite SEC team, The SEC is my least favorite league.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

This is perfect, I'm working on this Saturday cause I'm a CPA and it's tax season, and I have this game on silent playing on my left monitor with the baseball game on the radio, working environment doesn't get much better than this!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Another rough start for MacGrandle, allowing 2 runs in the B1 before Dail is needed to get them out of the inning.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

So far, MacGrandle hasn't show she can pitch and Dail can't pitch another compete game. I have a bad feeling about this game.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I think Oregon is getting tired with their small roster, can't blame them. Regardless of what happens in this game I'm proud of this team. Kentucky is a very good team.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

But, she throws a lot of pitches to even get the number of strikeouts she does. 139 pitches against LSU and 131 in first game today. Now she is somewhere around 60. It's obvious she is very tired. Apparently, Lombardi thinks an exhausted Dail is better than MacGrandle. We need at least one more pitcher.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

We need two seasoned pitchers and we have none. We need more veteran players but they transferred. I foresee more blow outs in the future, but I swear this team will bust their butts in every game.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Has MacGrandle been this bad all season?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks get run-ruled 12-3 against #18 Kentucky. Oregon really only has one good pitcher and can't really do doubleheaders right now with MacGrandle pitching as poorly as she has.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

It was said and there was a graphic, that Camuso, Mack & Balint haven't transferred yet to a new team this season and are not going to play; this team could certainly have used Balint.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Merganzer wrote:It was said and there was a graphic, that Camuso, Mack & Balint haven't transferred yet to a new team this season and are not going to play; this team could certainly have used Balint.
Dang those players are so bitter they didn't even play out this season.
We would actually would have been good with them.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

shoparound wrote:
Merganzer wrote:It was said and there was a graphic, that Camuso, Mack & Balint haven't transferred yet to a new team this season and are not going to play; this team could certainly have used Balint.
Dang those players are so bitter they didn't even play out this season.
We would actually would have been good with them.
Fickle youths make confounding decisions unfortunately for this team. (They blew it).
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Has to be considered a great tournament showing for them. The problems they had in the losses are to be expected with all the departures and offers a big selling point in the current and future recruiting classes for Coach Lombardi.
racerx5908
High School Drop Out

Post by racerx5908 »

duckduckgoose wrote:I watched a bit of Texas’s home opener and they had 30 or 40 people in the stands. Bet that’s hard to swallow for the players that transferred, used to 2400 crazy fans at their games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Have to throw a yellow flag on that. In Texas season opener a cold front blew in and for two days it was in the mid-30's with heavy drizzle. In fact, Texas' first day was cancelled and they had to play a triple header the next day. I was at game 1 at 10:00 and throughout the game it was 36 degrees.

And, it was about 100+ people there.